Sr Product AnalystApply Job ID: R-010418 Date posted: 06/18/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment platform and practice management solutions. This division within IIS focuses on product management and the execution of an ongoing roadmap to support our strategic plays.
This role is part of a fluid product management team focused on building efficiency, being accountable and executing outcomes cross functionally. This role will embrace product and project management abilities to support our growth and positioning across the entire wealth management market as LPL expands our distribution models and capabilities through increased recruiting, mergers and acquisitions, and our ability to retain advisors and large enterprises.
Individuals in this role must have a full understanding of, and ability to explain, all business aspects of our products/platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm. The teams’ goal is to leverage both the strengths of our existing model and expand into new models where we enhance the capabilities we offer our advisors and execute with excellence.
Key Traits and Skills
- A demonstrated ability to establish priorities and meet goals
- Motivated operator with excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Data-driven decision making and ability to consider and position multiple pathways forward
- High ability for planning, organizing and prioritizing tasks
- Infrastructure acumen and ability to optimize resources
- Investment product knowledge including advisory platform and financial systems experience
- Recruiting, sales and advisor on boarding experience
- Collaborative individual with project and initiative management experience
- Create processes for the consistent collection of feedback, tracking of metrics, and enhancements of product governance
- Efficiently manage and standardized product procedures
- Assisting in the management of projects that are undertaken
- Support and manage product operational functions such as; billing and platform pricing, updating product manuals resource guides, monitoring product trends and platform efficiency feedback, continually assisting in the management of projects that are undertaken
- Preparing and disseminating management reporting within the IIS organization and to other key business partners
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of an organization
- 4-7+ years in a project management and/or business management/product analysis role
- Knowledgeable on the advisory platform landscape, products / product trends and industry regulation
- Product management experience associated with evaluating decisions and contributing towards recommendations
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and strong degree of experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and databases
- Ability to analyze complex issues with a focus on pricing and associated behavioral changes that it drives
- Financial Services, Project Management, Compliance experience, FINRA Licenses or industry designations preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.