Sr Product AnalystApply Job ID: R-003363 Date posted: 06/12/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This includes the product offering, pricing advisor/client access to solutions, and promotional activities. The team’s goal from an investment product management perspective is to enhance our clients’ experience and ability to grow and to enhance our firm’s economic and risk profiles.
This role will be responsible for thought leadership and project management pertaining to the investment content, pricing, policies and client experience across LPL’s mutual fund and 529 plan offerings. It collaborates closely with LPL’s Research, Legal, Product Risk, Finance, and Marketing/ Communication teams as well as the Investor & Investment Solutions Sales team to collectively create great client outcomes.
This role will:
Provide thought leadership with respect to mutual fund initial diligence and product onboarding. This includes leading the evaluation process for certain asset categories or 529 plans to determine eligibility. Additionally, the role is expected to contribute to the evolution of the process Engage with advisors to explain fund availability and assist in managing the pipeline of products that LPL Research may review on behalf of its advisors Act as a change management champion to drive education and awareness of changes to the MF and 529 product offerings Develop processes to monitor for risks with product partners and monitor product offerings on an ongoing basis in conjunction with LPL’s Research and Product Risk teams Provide product management leadership on a variety of projects. Examples include: LPL custody of 529 plan business, review of product concentration limits or risk flags with LPL’s Governance Risk & Compliance team, develop plan capabilities for SEP/SIMPLE account types, etc. Collaborate with other product managers on standardizing LPL’s product management across product categories
The position requires a candidate with a background in assessing mutual funds. The ability to operate in partnership with other teams within IPS and across the organization is also critical to the role. An investment product management background and the ability to operate independently to advance projects and handle customer escalations are baseline skills required of the role.
- Partner with the AVP of Mutual Funds to own this product category
- Provide thought leadership to enhance/evolve LPL approach to Mutual Fund diligence assessing fund availability
- Partner with product risk to improve our approach to on-going monitoring. Own the resolution of specific issues with fund categories or fund companies
- Track regulatory changes and industry / competitor developments in terms of product, pricing, policy and platform experience within the mutual fund and 529 product categories
- Provide expertise in the offerings and consult with Marketing and Communication team members on product attractiveness and change management
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience in the financial services industry. CFA or MBA a strong plus
- Deep understanding of mutual funds, product trends and industry regulations
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience working with investment-oriented databases and analytical software including Morningstar, Bloomberg, FactSet and Excel
- Product management experience associated with evaluating dynamic decisions and contributing towards recommendations that enhance the product offering
- Ability to lead projects in a matrix managed fashion leveraging strong interpersonal and written communication skills
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.