Sr. Quality EngineerApply Job ID: R-007686 Date posted: 10/28/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Education: Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Software Engineering
Required Technical Skills and Tools:
- Strong ETL Testing experience and Knowledge
- CMD scripting skills
- SQL experiences
- Test Automation Experience
- ConformIQ , Model Base Testing
- Understanding of Restful API and Service models
- Lead Test planning, test execution and reporting efforts for specific portfolio.
- Works with Business , Development team to resolve testing challenges and provide solutions to complex test problems
- Provide feedback during project planning meeting when formal reviews of user stories, acceptance criteria, requirement and design, Testing reporting.
- Analysis business user cases to ensure data and process scenarios are fully covered
- Discovers, and reports most defects in Development & Test phases, however also identifies some significant Analysis and Design Phase defects during review of design documentation
- Logs, tracks, triages and verifies resolution of software and specification defects
- Works with Automation Team to grow automation efforts and progress with portfolio.
- Considers ways to improve efficiency within their product area including testing automation, acceleration, waste removal, process improvement.
- Translation rules/ logic to be applied from source to target for each job).
- Identify necessary resources/tools to manage and execute testing activities.
- Implement best practices and tools for testing and test automation.
- Develop, maintain, and execute automated and manual test strategy / test plan / scripts for requirement/user story validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing.
- Provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration and work effort, along with confidence level, and foreseeable dependencies
- Assess testability aspect and suitable tools including automation with Java, Selenium, BDD.
- Create and maintain reusable test data for automation scripts
- 5+ years’ software testing experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Must be hands on Commission Oracle form, report and process tests.
- Sound knowledge on reading Actimize Visual Modeler(AIS) models to understand
- Working Knowledge of Visual Studio Team Foundation Server, JIRA,
- Working Knowledge of MS SQL Server Management Studio, Oracle SQL Developer
- Strong Knowledge of working in an Agile environment, understanding Scrum.
- Strong financial industry knowledge in commission area
- B.S degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
- Experienced in Agile Scrum Development methodology
- Microsoft SQL and Oracle SQL skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Positive attitude and the ability to work with team from Onshore and Offshore
Additional Working knowledge and Understanding a Plus:
- Test Data Generation /Data Modeling
- In DevOps and continuous delivery pipelines and systems
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.