Sr Security ArchitectApply Job ID: R-014033 Date posted: 04/19/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL's Information Security team is seeking an exceptional Senior Information Security Architect to lead a security architecture and project services team. As the lead Information Security Architect at LPL, you will work side by side with our Development, Operations, Business units, and Customer Service teams to ensure our environments are secured and monitored. The right person for this role will have a broad technical information security background with a focus on detection, prevention and response to security threats.
The LPL Information Security team is a highly effective and collaborative team that support each other to deliver strategic initiatives while leveraging diverse technical backgrounds and skill sets.
If you are someone who has experience building and securing high performance environments, then we would like to meet you.
- Collaborate across teams to build and maintain creative solutions to security problems.
- Provide subject matter expertise on various technologies from network security design, configuration, authentication
- Lead team of Security Engineers in solution architecture reviews for Technology projects through being tightly integrated with LPL’s SDLC process
- Identify, design and build secure solutions that can be adopted and deployed into a highly available production environment.
- Assist Security Operations in investigating suspicious security event activity
- Proactively identify and fix security issues
- Evaluate new security technologies
- Evangelize security within LPL
- Work across teams to enhance the security posture of internal infrastructure and client-facing systems
- Perform security reviews of server / network / web application design within a virtualized environment and ensure compliance with LPL security policies and security best practices.
- Responsible for raising company-wide security awareness and monitoring information security related web sites and newsletters to stay up to date on current attacks and trends.
- Analyze potential impact of new threats and exploits, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those threats, and communicate risks to relevant business units
- At least 10 years of security architecture and 15 years of security technology engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering/Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in developing security architecture programs based in either TOGAF or SABSA
- Significant experience in developing architecture standards and the necessary architectural patterns that flow out of those standards
- Deep experience with standard security ecosystem products
- Deep experience in security automation and orchestration
- Experience in software-based networking technologies and SDN management interaction between applications and orchestration systems (API).
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with expert level knowledge of Linux, Windows, and OS X and strong background in open source.
- Expert level experience working with and optimizing intrusion detection and SIEM tools
- Experience securing scalable web architectures and distributed systems
- Experience securing and architecting cloud based infrastructures (e.g. MS Azure, Amazon AWS and Google)
- Expert experience in evaluating and assessing security threats across a variety of environments and industries
- Technical knowledge/ coding skills in Java, Ruby and or Python
- Knowledge of SOX controls
- Must be self-driven and motivated
- Outstanding communications skills and a clear awareness of what being an effective team member entails
- Calm under pressure, and an ability to provide concise and thorough security related technical support and guidance on complex issues in a high velocity, dynamic environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- TOGAF or SABSA Certification
- CISSP/GIAC Certification
- Strong project management skills
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.