Sr. Software Developer in Test - SDETApply Job ID: R-010984 Date posted: 09/14/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
Our team is actively seeking a motivated and talented test engineer who is passionate about testing software through automation. You will be part of an inter-disciplinary team of hardware, firmware, software, system, and test engineers to develop and integrate cutting-edge technologies for Financial Services Company building E2E automation solutions connecting Advisor Platform, Investor Platform and Teammates.
You’ll work closely with product and engineering teams to understand features, develop and automate test cases, improve product quality and shorten release time from dev to production.
You will be:
- Automating tests using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
- Reviewing user interfaces for conformity and functionality
- Working with software engineers to understand product architecture and features
- Create and maintain data scenarios to support test plans and test cases
- Analyzing test results, being a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
- Document, track bugs to closure and reports Project status to stake holders
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a QA Engineer or SDET
- 6+ years working with test processes, methodologies, tools and technology
- Automation experience working with technologies: Java, Python, Java Script, .Net etc.
- SQL and ability to write complex queries to validate
- Serve as SME for one or more functional areas , acts as technology ambassador for automation and building efficient solutions
- Leads process, technology improvement efforts with in quality engineering team and larger part of organization.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where resourcefulness, determination, and strong problem-solving skills are necessary for success.
- Positive attitude and the ability to complete assigned objectives with minimal supervision.
- Shown leadership experience in leading releases / project delivery.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD and how QA/automation process fits into the model
- Knowledge of automation tools like Appium, Xcode, Selenium, BDD and Cucumber
- Fluent in API and UI testing and creating automation test suits
- Prior experience working as QA or SDET in Agile/Scrum teams, Financial Industry experience is plus
- Proficient in Webservices testing – SOAP , Restful Services etc
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.