Sr. Storage and Backup EngineerApply Job ID: R-001933 Date posted: 01/04/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer (Storage and Backup)
We are currently seeking a Storage and Backup Engineer with expertise in IBM and NetApp technologies. As a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer, you would be involved in research, engineering, deployment and automation within the storage and backup infrastructure and act as the Engineering SME for both.
- Perform high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, and implementation of emerging storage and backup technologies and products
- Research new functionality, capabilities and offerings pertaining to enterprise storage and backup
- Documentation of technical procedures, user guides and runbooks to support operational handoff
- Assist in the development of technology governance guidelines and standards and associated reporting and monitoring practices
- Monitor the storage and backup infrastructure from a governance and compliance perspective
- Creation of automated and/or scripted solutions to support day to day operational tasks
- Act as subject matter expert and escalation point within the Operations organization
- Assist with routine and preventative maintenance and act as an escalation point and SME
- Previous experience as a SAN administrator
- Previous experience deploying or migrating to a new backup infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- 5+ years of experience with IBM storage technologies, including:
- FlashSystem V9000
- Experience with at least one other SAN platform, including
- Experience with SAN technologies in a highly virtualized and converged environment
- Experience with system performance analysis in a highly virtualized environment
- Experience designing and optimizing an overall SAN infrastructure with Cisco UCS
- Experience with next-generation backup technologies (Veeam, Actifio, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.