Sr. Technical WriterApply Job ID: R-005296 Date posted: 01/10/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
This role will function as a Technical Writer/Editor and Project Manager within the Service, Trading and Operations Risk Management (STO RM) team by continuing to develop the STO Policy and Procedure Repository and inventory.
The role will work closely with the AVP of STO Risk Management, various operational and service units throughout STO (Service Trading and Operations), and Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR).
The candidate must be able to multi-task, have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and strong writing skills. The role will require clear and consistent reporting to senior leadership within STO and the firm.
- Plan, develop, and edit operational desktop procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document new processes within the business
- Maintain a comprehensive library of documentation across STO
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to documents
- Track all required attestation and signoffs from business partners
- Manage project timelines
- Identify key project members and facilitate project team meetings
- Deliver effective communication of project progress and issues to key stakeholder on a consistent basis
- Ensure documents meet requirements of outstanding audit requirements
- Maintain consistent use of project templates including, agendas, meeting minutes, and project plans
- 6+ years of related professional content management experience (customer service / content creation).
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, journalism or communications, preferred
- Strong project management experience; interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment; work independently
- Ability to manage and lead effectively in an ever changing environment
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Portfolio of work and/or writing samples
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- All Microsoft applications, particularly, VISIO, WORD, PowerPoint and Excel
- SharePoint experience, preferred
Soft Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problems
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to interface effectively with various levels of employees
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.