Do you have a successful track record in knowledge management and have an interest in delivering engaging content to improve the client experience? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for transforming the customer service experience by delivering and managing knowledge content for employees and advisors. Work with business partners across the firm to create, refine, and publish knowledge content through various content management tools, and leverage data to inform content improvement decisions.
- Write and edit high-quality and engaging operational content, ensuring consistency with writing standards and LPL Financial’s brand in style and tone.
- Publish and manage content across multiple platforms for various audience personas; conduct ongoing audits of content to ensure information is accurate and relevant.
- Manage complex content projects with multiple work streams; coordinate content and communication strategy discussions with key project stakeholders.
- Closely partner with departments across the firm to build strong relationships and ensure alignment on content goals and opportunities.
- Independently manage daily assignments and participate in the peer review quality control process.
- Leverage analytics to evaluate effectiveness of content and uncover opportunities for content improvement.
- Actively participate, and at times lead, team, project and/or business process meetings.
- Serve as a content management Subject Matter Expert (SME) and assist in training teammates.
- Partner with Technology and assist in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), test script creation, and troubleshooting defects within content management systems.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Management Information Systems, English or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant working experience in content management, web development or related field (technical writer or internal communications).
- Strategic thinker with sharp analytical thinking skills and an intellectual curiosity.
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative, and a desire to roll-up sleeves and dig into the depths of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with other departments to collaborate, facilitate, and resolve issues.
- Ability to deliver under pressure and to balance multiple high-priority assignments simultaneously.
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached.
- Enthusiastic, positive, teachable attitude. Ability to work effectively within a team environment and to train teammates.
- Experience with enterprise content management systems and web analytics, experience with Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat Professional.
- Project management skills with experience leading and supporting projects involving multiple business units.
The salary range is dependent on a number of factors, including the applicant’s skill, experience, and work location.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.