Sr Technology AnalystApply Job ID: R-003944 Date posted: 08/03/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Technical Analyst, Advisor Compensation Technology team is accountable for the success and return on the LPL’s capital investment of the advisor compensation technology through bulletproof understanding of the business, the ability to understand today’s and future needs for technology, along with the relationships and influence necessary to drive implementation and targeted adoption. The Technical Analyst helps develop annual priorities and the strategic (5-year) vision for the advisor-facing and end-client facing technology, as well as for the firm’s home office technologies related to compensation management.
Additionally, the Technical Analyst will be responsible for Market Requirement Documents which include articulation from a market position what needs/will be accomplish and Business Requirements Documents which represent high-level specification. Through their strong knowledge and work, they will be a sought-after resource to help the business and technology unit make the best decisions for their needs, and will serve as the technology client and sales champion.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assist leadership for the product portfolio.
- Contributes to product roadmaps and overall product strategy across the organization.
- Conducts presentations on the product development and/or management process and projects, and represents the business unit at sales meetings, customer meetings, or cross-organizational internal meetings.
- Performs market research and quantifies market opportunities.
- Acts as subject matter expert, especially in the areas of customer requirements. Acts as cross organizational liaison and partner with cross organization SME’s.
- Drives strategic product lifecycle management (PLCM) activities.
- Performs Product Research Analysis- Provides a general assessment of revenue, profitability, pricing, product life cycle, distribution channels, positioning, and promotion strategy for assigned products and competitive intelligence
- Creates Product Strategy- With guidance from a senior product group manager, make product strategy recommendations to management through Product planning and strategy development to introduce new features, functionality and services. Performs Market Research and quantifies market opportunities through industry and product research. Creates business cases for new products and product enhancement
- Leads Product Launch & Roll-Out- Manages projects associated with the development and product launch activities related to product line extensions and enhancements consistent with product portfolio strategies, including product messaging. Drives cross-organizational delivery on product plans and product development initiatives. Supports the core business unit processes with responsibility for overall Product Delivery and managing Product Program Managers in completing all tasks associated with the product development process including documenting product concepts, leading compliance reviews, maintaining the concept database, stage-gate methodology, etc.
- Defines and Maintains ongoing servicing of Products in Portfolio through:
product forecasting and delivery of product strategies and tactics to meet forecast
active management of revenue targets, margin thresholds and profit & loss management
advocates and drives product enhancements that will increase total revenue and customer retention
- 3-5 years product experience or equivalent domain experience.
- The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to think strategically, as well as the ability to recognize new product trends.
- He or she will be highly self-motivated, able to work in a fast-paced environment and will have strong written and oral communication skills.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.