Strategic Occupancy Planner/Project ManagerApply Job ID: R-008592 Date posted: 02/04/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a Strategic Occupancy Planner/Project Manager to join our Corporate Real Estate team in our Fort Mill, South Carolina campus. With 5 facilities and 950,000 square feet of office space, Corporate Real Estate is focused on managing our total real estate portfolio, ensuring our facilities are maintained and properly cared for, effectively executing and managing projects, providing efficient mail and employee services, and ultimately ensuring the safety and security of our employees and customers.
- Strategic Occupancy Planning and Customer Relationship Management
- Performs occupancy planning (e.g. analysis, options development, evaluation, recommendations)
- Creates and develops solutions for the client, demonstrating a keen ability to collect information and translate it into a comprehensive real estate plan
- Conducts client-user interviews and facilitate group meetings
- Document client meeting information visually, numerically and verbally
- Insures that approved program requirements are accomplished over the life of the project
- Lead occupancy projects and related move migration
- Primary responsibility for customer service/satisfaction
- Maintains an understanding of business character and evolutionary needs
- Communicates positively with client, responding appropriately, and coordinating with others on potential actions / next steps
- Manages the necessary internal and external reviews, secures needed approvals and keeps leadership informed of other related ongoing projects
- Develop management level presentations that achieve desired outcomes and client confidence
- Provides conflict resolution/negotiation with the client as required
- Management of small renovation/furniture projects
- Develops and secures approvals for a program describing the purpose, constraints and physical requirements, schedule and budget for the project
- Prepares, secures approvals and has primary responsibility for managing project budgets and schedules, typically working in conjunction with a SPM
- Organizes, plans and controls the project from inception through close-out
- Suggests changes in scope or means of accomplishment, to assure successful and timely completion of assigned projects
- Manages the process of furniture and equipment selection, purchasing and installation
- Develops project implementation strategies that foresee likely problems and provide an approach to achieving a successful project
- Resolves disputes and exercises problem solving abilities in order to resolve conflicts in the best possible manner and maintain project progress
- Maintains and develops accurate and detailed project schedule and plan while maintaining contract documents at all times
- Maintains project file, drawings or necessary documents
- Some travel may be required
- Some physical activity required
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Capable of reading floor plans
- Knowledge and ability to use analytical and problem-solving techniques
- Distil complex information to the essential for client decision making
- Ability to complete tasks and produce deliverables independently with periodic coordination
- Write client reports and deliverable text clearly and comprehensibly
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, strong analysis and spreadsheet capabilities
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering or Construction management
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of professional level experience in the practice of Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management
- Demonstrated familiarity with applicable codes and regulations
- Familiarity with basic financial reporting systems
- Ability to be a team builder, work as team member
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.