Summer Internal Audit InternshipApply Job ID: R-008368 Date posted: 03/13/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Summer Intern, Internal Audit
Interns will be integrated into the Internal Audit team and be key members that will assist in the completion of financial, operational, and IT process design assessments and control testing. In addition, interns will assist in other assignments throughout the internship period.
What You'll Do
Our 10 - week paid graduate internship is an unparalleled opportunity to develop as a leader while sharpening your skills. The aim of our internship program is to provide students a valuable workplace experience to enhance their educational and professional goals. The projects that you drive during the summer will be tailored to your interests and will strategically affect change at our company. You will also have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of our culture and core values though career workshops, senior executive interactions, and community involvement opportunities.
We're looking for goal-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are eager to apply their problem solving skills to real business challenges. We empower employees to transform their skills, interests and connections into meaningful, collaborative solutions that work for the good of all of our stakeholders – our colleagues, customers and communities.
- Obtain a hands-on understanding of how a medium-sized publicly traded company operates.
- Participate in process walkthroughs and perform audit testing in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with opportunities to interact not only with Internal Audit management but also with other business units’ management.
- Practice project management through handling various assignments and projects.
- Obtain exposure to systems, databases, and other applications used by the Company on a daily basis.
- Expand knowledge through training and other online courses.
- Interact with other company leaders to develop an understanding of career options and opportunities at LPL Financial.
- Participate in department events and meetings throughout the internship program.
Other Duties/Skill Requirements
- College student who will have completed their sophomore or junior year in 2020
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Training will be provided through our onboarding process as well as via coaching and mentoring by Internal Audit team members
Skills & Qualifications
- College student who will have completed their sophomore or junior year in 2020.
- We prefer students in the Accounting, Finance and/or Information Technology programs, but will also consider other academic programs.
- 3.0 Minimum Overall GPA Required
Internship Standard Length
Monday through Friday
Average Hours Per Week
Interns will have the opportunity to work with Seniors and Team Members to complete audit testwork of controls for our SOX, SOC1, FICCA and 17a-5 control programs. Interns may be exposed to other internal audits as well as special projects.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.