Supervisory Principal, Complex Products (Annuities)Apply Job ID: R-001887 Date posted: 12/31/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Supervisory Principal, as part of the Complex Product Supervision within our Compliance, Legal and Risk division, will be responsible for serving as a subject matter expert for LPL Financial Advisors across the country.
This position will be responsible for supervising the suitability for transactions in products ensuring that the assigned advisors are meeting the standards and requirements of supervision set forth by regulatory agencies and the Firm. The Senior Supervisory Principal will also be responsible for leading junior staff and providing project support.
- Suitability review and approval of transactions in certain product specific areas such as alternative investments, structured products, exchange traded products and others as needed.
- Become a subject matter expert and liaison with vendors and wholesalers
- Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with the maintenance of the department’s written supervisory procedures
- Project management, planning and Issue resolution - This role will be relied upon to handle sometimes complex issues and aggressive deadlines
- Leading investigations of questionable sales activity and work with a Senior Analyst or Manager on resolution
- Keeping up to date with company and industry regulations; ability to interpret firm policies and procedures and incorporate into daily processes
- Routinely interacts within a team environment to identify potential sales practice concerns, initiate escalations, and consult on problematic clients or branches
- Provide awareness across all BRM departments of any investigations, escalations, or emerging risks involving advisors and OSJs
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
- Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65), 24 (or 9 and 10) required, or ability to obtain within 90 days
- Series 4 and 53 a plus
- 5+ years compliance experience, compliance supervisory experience ideal
- Strong understanding of complex products (i.e. annuities)
- Life and Health Insurance License a plus
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Visio and familiarity with BETA a plus
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role and for staff support in their role as Branch Office Manager
- Strong mentoring skills
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
- Excellent management, and human relations skills
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
- Knowledge of FINRA SEC, and State rules and regulations required
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.