Supervisory PrincipalApply Job ID: R-006726 Date posted: 05/10/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations SC-Remote
We are currently looking to hire a Supervisor Principal of Complex Products (Annuities) within the Complex Product Supervision department, which is a part of LPL’s Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR) organization. This position is responsible for serving as an annuity subject matter expert for LPL Financial Advisors across the country (Variable and Fixed Indexed annuities). This position will be responsible for supervising transactions in annuity products and ensuring that the assigned advisors are meeting the standards and requirements of supervision set forth by regulatory agencies and the Firm.
- Review of transactions for suitability and documentation of variable and fixed indexed annuities.
- Serve on various committees and projects as determined by CPS Management.
Other Job Duties:
- Act as key contact and subject matter expert for Financial Advisors, OSJ Supervisors, & Home Office Supervisors, and assist in any program/client issues in regards to variable and fixed indexed annuities.
- Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with the maintenance of the department’s written supervisory procedures.
- Assist with ad hoc project requests from CPS management
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- 4+ year’s industry experience
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65), 9 and 10 (or Series 24 & 53) required.
Additional Skills Required
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
- Excellent management and human relations skills
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and State rules and regulations
- A passion for improving processes so they can be followed easily and lead to excellent results
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.