SVP, Advisor Feedback InitiativesApply Job ID: R-001619 Date posted: 11/27/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire an SVP of Advisor Feedback Initiatives. This role will report directly to the Managing Director (MD) of the National Sales and Consulting (NSC) organization and will reside in our Fort Mill Office. The SVP of Advisor Feedback/Strategic Initiatives will develop a robust management system to capture, prioritize, resolve, and communicate improvements made due to the feedback. This will ensure the actions LPL takes are based on what matters most to our Advisors.
The SVP of Advisor Feedback Initiatives will be responsible for providing exceptional leadership and management in the areas of client experience and advisor feedback, and must collaborate with and achieve actionable results across multiple departments. As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities within the team based on the priorities of the MD. To be successful, this individual will build strong and sustainable relationships and be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
The SVP will also be skilled and experienced in engaging in high-level strategic discussions with business leaders, Advisors, and the executive teams. Additionally the candidate must understand, utilize, and stay current with industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape for optimal results.
- Manage the program responsible for ensuring responsiveness to advisor feedback.
- Improve the advisor and home office experience by creating an easier process of providing advisor feedback to LPL.
- Management and coordination of the LPL Vendor Affinity Program, including participating in the selection and coordination of evaluation of service and technology vendors aligned with the firm’s strategic direction and advisor feedback, management of the approval and on boarding processes with internal stakeholders and domain owners, coordination of the contractual negotiations, and overall responsibility for health and governance of this essential client-facing program.
- Sets the strategic direction for the different areas of responsibility in alignment with the needs of the business partners including development of strategic plans and project timelines and allocating resources.
- Provides leadership to a team of 15 professionals through hiring, coaching and development of staff.
- Provides oversight and strategic direction to the Conference Services department, which is responsible for managing and implementing programs ranging in size from 25 – 7000 participants and running approximately 150+ events per year.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business, Marketing, Management or related; MBA or other graduate degree a plus
- 15 years of experience in the Financial Services industry
- Experience working with Financial Advisors
- Passion for process improvement and client experience
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and evaluate results against established objectives
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and team change management experience
- The ability to manage a bi-coastal team
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serves as the recognized subject matter expert
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence senior leaders
- Ability to create a communication strategy/plan that articulates that incorporates a business’s vision
- Actively anticipates, identifies and manages risks within position scope and at the company
- Expert consensus builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.