SVP, Advisory ComplianceApply Job ID: R-002734 Date posted: 04/17/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The SVP for Advisory Compliance will serve as a senior leader in the Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) business unit and is responsible for the coordination and execution of substantive and varied risk management functions across LPL’s investment adviser.
Reporting to the SVP and Chief Compliance Officer of Advisory Compliance, this individual will lead several departments within the Advisory Compliance organization, assume a lead role in interacting with and advising business units, promoting efficient compliance practices, responding to regulatory inquiries, special project management, budgeting and forecasting, and serve as the deputy to the CCO of Advisory Compliance in all operational and administrative activities associated with Advisory Compliance.
- Effectively implements and reviews the oversight of the Advisory Compliance program for advisory businesses at LPL, including maintaining the policies and procedures and technology used to help ensure LPL is compliant with its regulatory obligations.
- Ensure new initiatives and special projects are prioritized and move forward to completion in a timely, orderly and efficient manner.
- Serves as the lead compliance advisor to various business units to ensure productive, efficient, compliant growth.
- Directs and motivates staff and ensures a positive working environment that encourages team members to develop their professional capabilities, supports their career objectives and improves engagement; embraces an ease-of-doing-business philosophy, and maintains an open door policy that fosters a collaborative work place that encourages team members to report and escalate issues and concerns.
- Manages department budget and works closely with CLR Chief of Staff and the Compliance Department COO to align financial priorities.
- Oversees key performance indicators and other department metrics to maintain accountability and appropriate reporting.
Other Job Duties:
- Provides updates to the firm's Risk Oversight Committee, as appropriate.
- Participates in the various committees.
- Functions as a deputy and back-up to the Advisory Compliance CCO.
- Interacts with financial advisors and field leaders to help solve issues and maintain a compliant environment.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all relevant investment advisory, retirement, brokerage and related laws and regulations.
- Oversees training relating to Risk Management Programs.
- This individual will interact with the CLR Management Team, Legal, Business Management, government agencies and industry associations
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD, MBA a plus
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 required
- Minimum of 10-15 years relevant experience
- Extensive/expert level knowledge within the investment services space; particularly with advisory compliance
- Exhibits executive presence in presentations and interactions with management and other team members
- Proven general management skill set; particularly around strategy development, operational excellence and execution, and talent management
- Ability to forge solid relationships with senior management team
- Strong strategy formulation and implementation; tracking and measuring progress against agreed objectives/deliverables
- Ability to create positive engagement while maintaining leadership responsibility for the entire team
- Ability to effectively interact with financial advisors.
- Budgeting and forecasting, project management, effective change management, and propensity for continually improving processes
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.