SVP, Chief Privacy OfficerApply Job ID: R-002909 Date posted: 05/03/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Senior Vice President and Chief Privacy Officer leads the Privacy Office, which sits within the Compliance, Legal and Risk department (CLR), and supports the organization in monitoring, measuring and managing the company's privacy compliance and technology risk.
This Senior Vice President and Chief Privacy Officer position will report to the Associate General Counsel and SVP of Advice, Retirement and Privacy, and will provide legal advice regarding privacy, cyber-security and data aggregation matters. The individual also will continue to build, sustain and optimize a robust privacy and technology risk program. This role will be the principal subject matter expert on privacy and technology risk management issues and will ensure that staff maintains a high level of expertise in this capacity. This individual may represent the company at industry events, regulatory meetings, and may also present from time to time at company board meetings.
- Legal analysis of the application of federal and state privacy laws and regulations as applied to the company's business lines
- Monitoring, and providing advice on implementation of, new privacy and security laws and regulations impacting the company's business
- Proactive identification of compliance and regulatory issues affecting the company's compliance with privacy laws and regulations
- Partner with colleagues across CLR, Technology, and Product Development to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification and assessment across the firm
- Strong collaboration with the Chief Information Security Officer to ensure proper oversight of the firm’s security and training, and incident response plan
- Develop positive cross-departmental working relationships to maintain an open environment for collaboration, risk identification, and remediation
- Report key performance indicators and other department metrics with accountability as the Chief Privacy Officer to the management team and company's executive leadership
- Actively manage Privacy and Incident Management programs
- Direct and motivate staff and ensure an environment that encourages colleagues to develop their professional capabilities and supports their career objectives
Other Job Duties:
- Assist in preparing periodic reports to the Audit and Risk Committee of the LPL Board of Directors and LPL's Risk Oversight Committee
- Oversee LPL's training relating to privacy and security
- Manage staff for Privacy and Incident Management
- Interact with the CLR Senior Management Team, Legal and government agencies and industry associations to include but not limited to SEC and FINRA
- Must have Bachelor's Degree, J.D., and be admitted to practice
- 5-10 years of career focus on Privacy, Risk Management, or Financial Services Compliance
- Focused experience with privacy and cyber security laws and regulations, preferably in the financial services industry
- Experienced in interaction with regulators
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to engage in complex legal analyses
- Highly analytical and metrics-oriented; strategy formulation and implementation; tracking and measuring progress against agreed objectives/deliverables
- Ability to forge solid relationships with senior management team
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Project Management
- Effective Change Management
- Ability to present to financial professionals
- Must be willing to travel on occasion as needed
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.