SVP, Client Conference StrategyApply Job ID: R-021449 Date posted: 03/25/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL is hiring a Senior Vice President, Client Conferences Strategy, to drive growth of existing client relationships. The passionate, forward-thinking business-to-business (B2B) leader will develop a long-term strategy that leverages face-to-face and virtual events to drive maximum return on investment for the company.
Conference experiences are a best-in-class, high-touch, impactful lever in our overall client engagement framework. The leader who assumes this new role will build a phased strategy which aligns the event portfolio to our corporate growth and advisor experience objectives, contributing to greater client satisfaction, advocacy and retention.
The strategy leader will not plan or execute events, but will partner with the Head of Conference Planning & Execution who leads a team of talented planners.
- Build, socialize and help implement a multiyear roadmap strategy that drives tangible business growth and outcomes leveraging an event portfolio
- Reimagine the future of an event platform and strategy that accelerates aggressive growth objectives for a Fortune 500 organization
- Mine data, financials, client insights and competitive intelligence to formulate views of current and target state
- Interact with senior executives across the company; offer thought leadership on architecting robust engagement opportunities that influence client perception and engagement
- Overlay a segmented, targeted approach to audiences to create highest degree of relevance in experiences
- Influence development of a strategic message and thematic approach to building content that comes to life in event experiences
- Capture learnings to inform a target state virtual conference strategy which complements physical in-person opportunities
- Synthesize large amounts of data and leverage to inform optimization opportunities and enhancements to the strategy over time
- Implement standardized, repeatable approach and procedures from ideation to event planning
- Communicate with senior stakeholders about key learnings on client experiences, business impact, financials and operating diagnostics
- Build and leverage deep partnerships with other groups including brand marketing, product marketing, communications, sales and relationship management
- Embraces fact-based and data-driven decisions, business cases and measurement
- Skilled at navigating hybrid organizations and aligning many levers and inputs into one cohesive strategy
- Highly adept in process and program management
- Creative thinker who is interested in staying current or ahead of industry and technology trends that evolve client experiences
An ideal marketer:
- Fire-in-the-belly, operates with urgency and needs to be reined in vs. pushed forward
- Egoless collaborator, skilled at channeling the collaboration into a tangible plan that drives business outcomes
- Operates with minimal direction and leans into autonomous judgment and action
- Comfortable with failure or rejection of ideas, ability to pivot and move forward quickly
- Courage to have difficult conversations and leverage differences to shape quality work
- Thrives in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Passionate about diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree business-related field, MBA a plus
- 12+ years with some combination of business-to-business sales, marketing or event strategy experience
- History of working closely with C-suite executives
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.