SVP Emerging Advisor TalentApply Job ID: R-011302 Date posted: 09/17/2020 Primary Location SD-Remote Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial, we are currently searching for a senior leader to lead and transform our Emerging Advisor Talent programs, including the Independent Advisor Institute (IAI).
The SVP, Emerging Advisor Talent will be a member of LPL’s Business Development team and will focus on designing and implementing end-to-end programs for training and supporting new financial advisors. The VP/SVP, Emerging Advisor Talent will be responsible for developing a strategy for sourcing candidates, implementing robust training curriculum and overseeing the day to day operations of the programs implemented. The ideal candidate for the role will have a background in talent development, a passion for building innovative programming and experience developing new-to-the industry advisors.
The VP/SVP, Emerging Advisor Talent will be accountable for turning the financial advisor training program into a significant growth engine for LPL Financial, and will play a high-visibility role in shaping and running this offering.
- Establish end-to-end strategy for sourcing and training emerging advisor talent
- Oversee the development of the curriculum, curation of content, and sourcing of candidates and mentors
- Source and implement innovative digital platforms to assist in scaling the program’s reach
- Develop, integrate, and coordinate relationships with various recruiting channels and advisor communities
- Coach and develop new-to-the-industry trainees through a robust program consisting of virtual, in-person and local interactions
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify opportunities for expanding the program’s offering in support of new business ventures
- Continuously adapt the strategy and program offerings based on competitive landscape and current learning and design trends
- Consult with established advisors to drive engagement, partnership and success of the senior and junior advisors
- Collaborate internally and externally to foster productive relationships pertinent to program delivery and execution
- Influence up and across the organization to ensure the program’s overall success
- Build and lead a team of talented, passionate and diverse professionals who are committed to the program—and each other’s—success
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business or a related field
- 10+ years’ experience in financial services, including leadership roles in training and program management
- Experience developing a training program from concept to successful delivery and adoption
- Strong, creative-thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate
- Series 7 and 66 licenses required, or must be obtained within 90 days; CFP® designation preferred
PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, SalesForce, Online training delivery technologies
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.