SVP, Investment Execution TechnologyApply Job ID: R-006249 Date posted: 03/22/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial, we are currently seeking an SVP of Investment Execution Technology to lead design and operation of critical systems. In this critical position, you will manage the execution of the vision, strategy and delivery against goals focusing on functions and processes which implement Investment Execution. These functions include pre-trade compliance, portfolio reporting, re-balancing, trading, benchmarks and models, integration with middle and back office systems.
You will also work closely with senior executives and product managers who define the needs of our clients in Advisor Facing Technologies, and provide innovative, compelling, insightful, customer-centric strategies and recommendations that will leverage evolving technology landscapes, platforms, and modalities to ensure that LPL Financial stays ahead of the curve in offering Investment Execution solutions.
- Lead Team of Developers, Analyst and Project Managers to implement LPLs strategy in Investment Execution Technology
- Partner with product managers, business and other parts of technology to ensure alignment to LPL's short, medium and long term strategy
- Build a first class execution team which delivers on a strategic roadmap which achieves competitive advantage
- Establish a strong network inside and outside of LPL which enables you to perform your duties efficiently and in a spirit of partnership and collaboration
- Present engineering options during planning process which illustrate the means to achieve our objectives while illustrating the pros and cons of each alternative
- Understand how Investment Execution Technology integrates with the short, medium and long term strategy within AFTE and LPL Financial as a whole
- Exhibit a bias towards action in executing your functions
- Be cognizant of the various technology offerings in the marketplace through direct research, general business intelligence, LPL business unit interface, vendor analysis, and direct Advisor communications.
Other Job Duties:
- Proficient in all Advisor/client facing applications offered by LPL
- Knowledgeable of the technology offerings of the top five LPL competitors and the general strategy those competitors are taking relative to their own technology
- Proficient at executive presentation and writing
- Talent Management including creating a high performing team, mentoring team members, and succession planning.
- Bachelor's degree required (top university and/or master's degree preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in financial services with proven track record of delivery
- Deep understanding and strong skills within Investment Management and Wealth Management technology and processes
- Strategically minded with proven analytical curiosity and process re-engineering methods
- Thought leader with creativity and intelligence to formulate innovative solutions
- Passion for technology, social space, and online platforms and applications
- Strong vision, goal oriented, reliable, self-starter, with ability to communicate and partner with all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.