SVP, IS Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-001063 Date posted: 01/03/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Senior Vice President of IS (Institution Services) Business Consulting will be responsible for the overall leadership of financial institution client relationships and growth consultants. This newly formed Institution Services Business Consulting team will be a proactive consultative sales team that is responsible for a client portfolio of approximately 150-200 client financial institutions.
The SVP, IS Business Consulting will be responsible for creating strategy and driving same store sales growth, retention, and meaningful relationships through the actions of an engaged team. The SVP will also represent the client perspective on various steering committees and project initiatives to help influence and drive LPL to being smarter, simpler, and more personal company. Lastly, the SVP will be responsible for the ideation and execution of initiatives within the Institution Services Business Consulting department to help evolve the overall relationship management and consulting efforts of the broader team.
The Senior Vice President must be skilled and experienced in engaging in high-level strategic discussions with advisors, program managers, institution executives and LPL home office executives. Additionally, the candidate must have a strong people and business management discipline to ensure we operate a high performing team with market and industry leadership standards. Lastly, candidates must understand, utilize, and stay current with industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape to optimize results.
- Develop a team culture to retain, develop and grow engaged employees
- Creating department goals, evaluating team’s results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
- Examine trends, develop insights, and create solutions in order to better support Advisors
- Identify opportunities and create programs to increase client satisfaction, retention and same store sales growth
- Manage attrition risk of institutions and advisors proactively handling and resolving high profile and complex situations
- Developing and executing business plan initiatives
- Partnering with conference services to deliver exceptional live events
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other related field; MBA a plus
- Series 7 and 63 preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial services, preferably in a sales or client service/relationship management capacity
- Prior experience managing relationships in the institutional space is ideal, credit unions, regional banks, etc.
- High-level strategist coupled with the ability to implement methods that drive sales
- Proven leadership and people management skills
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence LPL senior leadership
- Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer (financial institutions)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the LPL platform, products, and services
- Ability to effectively analyze situations and apply solutions to achieve resolution
- Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.