SVP, IT Internal AuditApply Job ID: R-003109 Date posted: 05/16/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The SVP, Information Technology (IT) Internal Audit reports directly to the EVP, Chief Audit Executive (CAE). The CAE reports directly to the Audit Committee of LPL Financial and administratively to the CFO.
The SVP, IT Internal Audit works very closely with the Technology Department senior leadership as well as other key leaders across the firm. The SVP of IT Internal Audit also works closely with LPL’s external auditor, Deloitte & Touche (D&T).
The SVP, IT Internal Audit is responsible for leading risk-based internal audits of our Technology and Compliance groups and working collaboratively with the Internal Audit team on the technology components of audits within their areas. Internal Audit performs the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing on behalf of management. In addition, Internal Audit performs most of the testing in support of D&T’s annual SOC 1 (System and Organization Controls), FICCA and SEC Rule 17a-5 reports. Collectively, these four control projects are known as the Control Report Testing Program and Internal Audit is responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of the testing of the IT controls within this Program.
- Provide oversight and leadership of IT audit engagement’s planning, fieldwork, identification, development and documentation of audit issues, recommendations and their reporting.
- Acquire, develop and motivate high quality professional management and technical staff through effective recruiting, education and training, professional development, career counseling, and succession planning programs. Be a leader and a team player.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior leaders, Technology leaders, other key stakeholders, and key technology vendors. Maintain effective working relationships with all internal constituents, including business and functional leaders.
- Provide guidance, direction and leadership towards seeking efficiencies in the organization without compromising its effectiveness.
- Oversee the identification of, and evaluate risk areas, and will be responsible for developing a major portion of the Internal Audit annual audit plan.
- Ensure effective reporting of audit results, monitor business unit manager implementation of corrective risk reduction plans and actions, and follow-up to measure the success of plans and actions taken.
- Provide advice and counsel to management on complex risk management and control issues.
- Comply with reporting systems that ensure timely identification and reporting of risk and control matters and prompt/early escalation of critical issues including follow-up to resolution.
- Effectively represent internal audit on enterprise-wide project teams, at management and board meetings, as well as to external parties and organizations.
- Ensure audit test work, including documentation and reporting, is executed in accordance with department and professional standards and completed timely.
- Provide other internal audit status reporting as required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and an MBA is preferred
- CPA, CIA, CISSP, PMP or CISA certification is required
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 year’s professional audit experience
- Experience working in a “Big 4” auditing firm a plus
- Experience with large, diversified financial services firms; specific experience with Broker Dealers is preferred
- Solid understanding of risk and controls, particularly cyber, is expected
- Ability to proactively engage with stakeholders and communicate complex technology risk areas in “plain” terms
Specifically, it is preferred that the candidate has experience in the following areas:
- Possess significant business and personal leadership skills, initiative and independent judgment and responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk based audit plans
- The principles of internal control and policy formulation
- Line of business audit strategies
- Understanding of how IT supports compliance with financial institution laws, regulations, and management programs
- Business process and controls engineering
- Ability to enhance and maintain productivity through effective organization, planning and administration of audit activities
- Demonstrated advanced ability to assess the relevancy of audit findings, identify root causes of systemic control weaknesses rather than symptoms, identify potential risk exposures and their materiality, spot improving or deteriorating trends, and assign fair and appropriate risk ratings at the completion of audits
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with external parties, including external auditors, regulators and consultants
- Demonstrated experience and success at articulating a strategic vision, driving critical decision making, influencing and inspiring others, and getting results
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.