SVP, RIA AffiliationApply Job ID: R-012959 Date posted: 02/08/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Senior Vice President, RIA Affiliation
- Lead the strategic development and execution of LPL’s RIA affiliation model, including both advisors joining the firm’s corporate RIA custody model and independent RIAs partnering with LPL as custodian.
- Establish and lead a clear customer-centric focus with an emphasis on ensuring an optimal advisor experience
- Partner with sales, marketing and consulting organizations to develop and maintain awareness campaigns and drive meaningful growth of the business.
- Serve as a subject matter expert resource to counsel prospective and existing clients on LPL’s unique capabilities through consultation and analysis.
- Build strong relationships and collaborate with internal business partners to strategize and develop innovative solutions for an industry-leading adviser experience, while serving as the accountable party to milestones, timelines and outcomes.
- Learn quickly from customer, partner and prospect feedback, and apply an entrepreneurial mindset to iterate the program nimbly.
- Leverage market data to identify opportunities, influence capabilities development, and guide marketing campaigns.
- Develop and maintain detailed competitive assessments and identify key areas for competitive advantage.
- Actively monitor and analyze emerging trends, developments and players across the industry to inform the company’s view of opportunities and approach to innovation.
- Engage with leading industry service providers to identify and cultivate potential partnership recommendations.
- Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities.
- Extensive experience working in the independent wealth management industry, with a high level of proficiency in the RIA marketplace (including custodians, technology vendors, platform service providers, etc.).
- Familiarity with the unique business considerations for RIAs and how they may differ from other financial institutions, including regulatory compliance, technology, service experience, etc.
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team and an ability to succeed within a dynamic, fast-paced environment, grounded in tangible results.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner.
- Strong gravitas and executive presence with strong oral, written and listening skills with an ability to adapt to different audiences, including senior internal leadership and influential external stakeholders.
- Consultative and relationship building skills a must.
- Team-player with a positive "can-do" attitude, with an ability to both contribute meaningfully individually and develop a motivated team of employees engendered with a results-based orientation.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute and implement strategies that you designed.
- Strong familiarity with the MS Office suite and Salesforce.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.