SVP, Strategic HR Business PartnerApply Job ID: R-006121 Date posted: 03/01/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial, we are seeking a strategic business partner and influential senior HR leader to drive dynamic change and continued business growth! Every leader is dedicated to our mission: “We take care of our advisors so they can take care of their clients.”
As the SVP, Strategic HR Business Partner, you will be the accountable business leader to our Technology organization, and provide consultation to our Chief Information Officer and the leadership team. You will help transform our Technology group from competitive to industry leading, as well as, develop our next generation of leaders to be a destination for Technologists. Additionally, in your role as the SVP, Strategic HR Business Partner, you will provide the vision for the development, delivery, and alignment of Human Capital (HC) products and services to support achievement of business objectives, and you will act as an internal HR consultant to senior leaders on all talent management, organizational development, performance management, and compensation issues in partnership with other teams within the Human Capital organization. The ultimate goal is to facilitate business growth and HR strategy execution.
LPL is at the core of investing in the company’s technology. Our Technology organization is spread across two of our campuses (San Diego and Fort Mill), and has over 1,400 employees. The Technology organization provides independent financial advisors and institutional clients with integrated technology and access to data. The Technology organization also provides technology to millions of the advisors' investors across the nation. As Technology fuels our growth, this role is key to the growth strategy of the company.
- Partners with CIO to make LPL a destination for Technologists.
- Leads the development and implementation of comprehensive HC strategies, policies, and practices in support of company and client group business plans in the areas of leadership development, workforce planning, compensation, talent and performance management, change management, employee engagement, retention, professional development and diversity.
- Advises executive level business leaders on both strategic and tactical plans to support their business goals.
- Excels in strategic thinking to take business needs and formulates a strategy that goes from 1.0 to 2.0 and beyond.
- Focuses on innovative problem solving as a business leader to bring in industry best thinking and applying solutions.
- Executes with excellence across a broad set of responsibilities, contribute to the success of the HC Centers of Excellence by enabling a strong partnership, providing feedback so that we improve efficiency within the leader and employee experiences, and optimize our resources to set a high bar for leaders in attracting and retaining top talent.
- Improves the efficacy of what we do, as well as, the efficiency – use innovative muscle to rethink standard processes.
- Acts as the voice of the internal and external client to facilitate improvements to LPL's HR policies, benefits, initiatives, processes, etc.
- Challenges the status quo, pulls out risks and gaps in others’ thinking, and advances others’ ideas of others by asking, “what could be?”
- Leads talent management by being a source of information for talent across the firm and provides coaching and development support to employees at all levels.
- Identifies and acts on key metrics for decision-making, and develops methods and procedures for compiling and analyzing data for reports and special projects.
- Demonstrates accountability for driving broader talent initiatives across the firm and ensures that accountability extends to across the HC ecosystem.
- Effectively manages at least one direct report and can lead virtual teams at scale.
- Partners with CIO to help recruit world-class talent to LPL.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced level degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR preferred, not required
- 15+ years professional level experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 5 years in an HR management role; preference for prior experience in industries at scale
- Experience working in the high tech or financial services industries a plus
- Successful candidates will possess superior consultative and influencing skills
- Interacts seamlessly with senior leadership from client business units; will also interface with employees, supervisors and managers
- Exceptional partner to other areas of Human Capital, including Total Rewards, Payroll, HR Operations & Management Systems, Learning & Development, Talent Acquisition and Real Estate
- Must be extremely organized, self-guided, innovative thinker, and capable of working in a rapidly changing environment with the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Must have a professional demeanor and the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with personnel matters
- Superior verbal/written communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, project management skills
- Ability to multi-task, work on multiple priorities, work independently and as a team in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Human Resource Management Systems (Workday) - proficient
- Microsoft Office Products proficient
- May involve up to 15-20% travel
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.