SVP Strategy and ArchitectureApply Job ID: R-014929 Date posted: 05/21/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The SVP of Security Architecture and Strategy is responsible for driving the overall strategy for Information Security while providing leadership, operational and tactical direction to the Security Architecture team. This is a highly visible leadership position reporting directly to the CISO. The SVP of Security Architecture and Strategy leads the Security Architecture team through the information security program by establishing highly effective policies, corporate protocols and appropriate collaboration among teams. This position assumes responsibility for the education and enforcement of those protocols and matters of compliance. Additionally, this role will partner with the head of Enterprise Architecture to ensure integrated architecture roadmaps and approaches are properly aligned.
The SVP of Security Architecture and Strategy should possess a strong technical background, understand risk, mitigation and technical controls, and leverage the tactical understanding of information security to create, develop, and execute on the Information Security wide strategy in relation to the firm wide strategic initiatives.
This position requires strong written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate detailed, technical information in a manner comprehensible by individuals at varying degrees of experience and skill level. The role requires the ability to speak confidently in front of large groups and with corporate management, vendors and service providers. The SVP of Security Architecture and Strategy also contributes to the company IT security strategy and roadmap.
This proven leader is responsible for defining the information security strategic roadmap by interfacing with core business functions and technology teams to identify required future state security capabilities, working with internal information security teams to secure the threat landscape, and considering strategic risk areas of the organization.
As an expert Cyber Security and Security Architecture Strategist, you will use your extensive security knowledge and professional experience to support the definition, communication, and maintenance of the information security strategy. Your role will be part of a team that will ultimately drive the information security strategy. Your expert technical background will enable comprehensive strategic conversations with technical audiences, while building confidence with business stakeholders and company leadership when defining and selling your strategic vision.
The ideal candidate will be instrumental in supporting the success of the Information Security Strategy team by delivering on the following key areas of responsibility:
• Core focus on driving the information security vision and roadmap on all strategies as assigned.
• Provide expert information of security architecture viewpoints for all assigned strategies for all enterprise level initiatives.
• Work hand in hand with security program management and tactical deployment teams to ensure alignment with strategy and vision.
• Maintain regular engagement and proactive partnership with business and technology teams to ensure assigned strategies align with business and technical needs, requirements, and constraints.
• Partner with the head of Enterprise Architecture to ensure integrated architecture roadmaps and approaches are properly aligned.
• Maintain a catalogue of high level security capabilities for all assigned strategies.
• The candidate will support additional aspects of security strategy, including:
- Provide expert input into the collective information security strategy to ensure that future security investments are aligned appropriately when considering key priorities such as business requirements, industry threat landscape, and risk appetite
- Provide expert security input to solution deployments to help ensure that solutions deployed, and corresponding information assets, are aligned with our security strategy.
- Define and maintain security capability catalogues to support the information security strategy agenda.
- Partner with business and technology to provide expert security guidance into design and implementation of enterprise security capabilities.
- Analyze market and industry trends and adjust security strategy accordingly
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This opportunity requires skills and experience related to information security strategic planning, security architecture design and review, and effective communication and presentation skills. To be successful in this position you must have the following skills and qualifications:
• Proven experience and desire to operate as a self-starter and comfortable working in an ambiguous, yet fast-paced, environment.
• Ability to take ownership and responsibility for assigned strategies and champion them across groups.
• Proven ability to research and document emerging trends and how they impact assigned strategies.
• Proven ability to map and understand complex relationships and interactions between enterprise architecture, business direction, emerging trends, emerging technologies, and legacy systems.
• Highly meticulous and detail oriented.
• Superb speaking, writing and influencing skills are required as the opportunity often presents or interacts verbally or in written form to IT, CIS, and business leadership.
• Proven ability to identify and develop clear and understandable security capabilities and strategic views from high-level business objectives and technology constraints.
• Robust knowledge of information security principles, frameworks and best practices and the ability to apply those principles in a clear and articulate way to build support for the CIS strategy and vision.
• Strong technical knowledge and confidence in communicating with highly technical audiences.
• Proven ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together to facilitate, moderate, and influence productive discussions driving towards results.
• Strong business acumen to quickly learn new business processes and understand how information security can support the business in achieving revenue and profit goals.
• Superior communication and collaboration skills and the ability to explain complex concepts in plain language and graphics.
• Passion for the brand and for an innovative, “Just Do It” work environment.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven experience identifying solutions for complex problems in enterprise environments.
• Demonstrated relevant security expertise in designing security solutions for a mix of technology areas, with a focus on network and cloud security including:
- Advanced Endpoint Security
- Cloud Service, Provider, and Platform Security
- Advanced Identity & Access Management
- Application Security include S-SDLC, DevSecOps, and Automation
- Next Generation Network Security (SDP, ZTN, SDWAN)
- Data & Collaboration Security
- Risk, Compliance, and Security Management
- Security Operations and Incident Response
- Cyber Threat Hunting, Intelligence, and Analytics
- Data Classification, Encryption, and Protection
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Minimum 10 years of experience in Information Security or Information Technology disciplines
• At least 5 years of experience in Information Security Architecture and / or Strategy
• CISSP / GSEC highly beneficial
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.