SVP, Strategy & Business Operations, TechnologyApply Job ID: R-002072 Date posted: 01/18/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire an SVP of Strategy & Business Operations for Technology.
The SVP, Strategy & Business Operations will report directly to the CIO and will represent the Office of the CIO working with the Technology leadership team and other key LPL leaders to ensure the smooth running of the business unit. The SVP must provide exceptional leadership and effective management to ensure alignment and execution of key business functions such as strategic planning, driving employee engagement, developing operating plans, and preparing executive LPL presentations for the CEO and Board of Directors.
The SVP must collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others across multiple departments. They must build strong and sustainable relationships and be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
This individual will have a proven track record of bringing structure to a fast paced, competitive environment while simultaneously thinking ahead and exhibiting strategic agility and problem solving.
- Advise and lead technology strategic initiatives representing the office of the CIO
- Development and execution of technology team engagement initiatives designed to improve overall employee engagement
- Serve as an advisor, coach and/or sounding board for the CIO
- Create road maps and operating plans aligned with LPL strategies
- Support and drive key ad-hoc special projects / analyses on behalf of the Managing Director and leadership team
- Support for the CIO and leadership team including managing team meetings, operational reviews and other events
- Ensure preparation for key Business Unit events such as CEO reviews, Board of Directors presentations, and Management Committee presentations including content and timeline
- Work with Finance partners in support of the technology budget process
- Build relationships with and influence executive management across LPL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years’ relevant experience, including leadership roles in business and/or administration
- Strong creative thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, development of actionable recommendations and implantation of those recommendations
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Possesses senior executive presence
- Highly collaborative with experience in leading and influencing teams and individuals across lines of business, functional areas and different levels of an organization
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Grace under pressure, comfort with ambiguity
- Strong team work, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Prior line operating management experience a strong plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.