SVP, Technology-Production Services
We are currently looking to hire an SVP, Production Services within the Infrastructure and Operations department of the overall Technology Team. This role will lead the 24/7 operations of LPL’s Technology platforms across cloud, on-premise and partner solutions that service our advisors, investors, and employees. This person will have the leadership skills, technical infrastructure expertise, communication skills and collaborative approach to drive transformation of technology operations aligned with LPL’s business strategy and continued growth.
- Develop and lead the Production Services team to be a high-performing customer-focused technology team that executes well our 24/7 operations across applications and infrastructure.
- Partner across Technology and Business units to exceed the standards of availability, scalability and performance that enable our clients to perform their business functions.
- Work closely with the DR team to ensure regular successful technical failover as part of our disaster recovery program and normal operations.
- Participate in and/or lead large initiatives across Technology
- Independently drive performance and efficiency improvements within assigned scope and across the technology organization
- Lead Tier 1 and 2 support, managing Critical issues to resolution and adjusting to priority requests to support the Business per IT Operational Procedures
- Overall people management of the Production Services Team, including performance management, feedback, career development, mentor counseling, and resource management
- Oversee the Service/Contract/SLA for technology providers
- Build strong customer / stakeholder relationships across Infrastructure, Operations, Information Security, application teams and third-party service providers to optimize operational resiliency.
- Conduct root cause analysis/post mortem meetings after impactful incidents for lessons learned and preventive recurrence.
- Integrate reports, key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics packages and related information for technology team leadership and senior management.
- Provide support 24/7/365, ensuring fast and effective critical incident management.
- 15+ years’ experience in increasing levels of responsibility managing technology operations, preferably in financial services industry providing high-performing, high availability solutions at 4 or 5 9’s.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Masters in Information Technology (Preferred)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with data center infrastructure, databases, virtualization, budget management, project management, vendor management, security.
- Expertise providing production operations for cloud technologies, particularly AWS and Azure, along with data center related solutions for servers (Cisco UCS, x86, Blade Servers), operating system support (Windows, Linux and VMWare), network, and databases (SQL, Oracle.)
- Experience in selection and management of SLAs for technology vendor partners.
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster client relationships.
- Strong technical knowledge of IT systems and architecture.
- Ability to shape a strategic vision, drive execution and lead change.
- Ability to deliver presentations to executive leadership.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with other teams across the organization, working effectively to achieve results.
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills to ensure that technology operations continuously meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to build bench strength and to delegate authority.
- Motivated by the long term. Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved that support long-term initiatives with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent initiatives and drive projects to completion.
- The ability to think holistically about processes that impact clients, and to continuously refine those processes, making it easier for clients to accomplish their daily business
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.