Talent Development ConsultantApply Job ID: R-007408 Date posted: 08/19/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA.
We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research.
LPL Financial is currently in search of a Learning & Development Consultant to support our Technology Business Division while reporting into our Human Capital team.
Primary responsibilities for this role are to:
- Partner with HR and business leaders to execute the talent review and succession planning processes within the Technology team, ensuring the next generation of leaders are identified, assessed and developed
- Partner with HR and business leaders to design and execute employee development programs for the Technology team based on a team gaps analysis
- Partner with HR and business leaders to design a career framework for the Technology organization
- Facilitate leadership and professional development training to leaders and managers to enable their development so they, in turn, can develop their employees
- Design and execute a specialized onboarding program for new Technology team members
- Design and facilitate large scale people manager meetings and Technology Town Halls
- Be a critical lens for the organization and review plans for the needs of diverse candidates to ensure an inclusive development pipeline
- Support change management and communication efforts
- Bachelor's degree required
- PHR/ SPHR preferred, not required
- The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of corporate experience in a training related role with instructional design and delivery experience
- Experience designing and implementing learning and talent development solutions
- Able to lead others in implementing change
- Skilled at consulting, facilitating, managing and collaborating up, down, and across the organization
- Excellent planning, organizing and project and process management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent PC skills with demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required
- Prior experience supporting Technology talent a plus
- DISC certified a plus
- Able to confidently consult and collaborate with senior leaders
- Able to handle fast-paced setting, multiple projects, and meet assigned deadlines
- Able to manage and drive clarity in ambiguous situations
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.