Tech Support AnalystApply Job ID: R-017631 Date posted: 09/15/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you interested in providing top-notch IT support to our LPL employees, using problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology and being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients
At LPL Financial, we care about our employees! The Tech Support Analyst primary function is to provide IT Support to LPL internal employees, resolving or escalating issues in a timely and professional manner over multiple channels of communication. Secondarily, this role will support and participate in internal IT activities such as helping rollout and drive user adoption to new technologies, ensuring new hires success with IT needs when they start at LPL, and assist in building a robust knowledge base that we be leveraged as we introduce automation and AI.
- Receive, log and manage incoming contacts from internal staff through multiple channels including phone, reservation, customer initiated incidents, and Chat.
- Provide exceptional customer service to LPL internal business partners by troubleshooting IT related problems from LOB application, MS Suite and VPN for remote users, to hardware such as mobile phones, laptops, PCs and printers.
- Research calls and requests providing statuses and escalation options to end users of existing issues.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles, and standard operating procedures.
- Drive continuous improvement by thinking out of the box for potential solutions or ideas around reducing volume to the service desk and contribute to our knowledge base by writing and submitting KB articles.
- On call rotation schedule: 7am – 7pm M-F (8 hour Increments)
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Customer support experience
- Demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Active Directory Domains, Microsoft Office, Office 365, corporate networks, and mobile device technology.
- Working knowledge of various Windows OS and hardware for PC environments, principles and terminology of networking and mobile technologies.
- Experience with Service now Ticketing system
- Strong communicator with excellent documentation, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Two years of Tech Support experience or relevant experience preferred.
- An Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Boot Camp in Computer Science or related field preferred.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.