Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
As a Technical Recruiter, you'll work closely with technology hiring managers and leadership to attract and retain the best technology talent for our growing organization. Ideal candidates can contribute broadly across recruiting by helping to build processes, institute best practices, and increase our efficiency.
In this role, you will drive critical efforts to deliver against aggressive headcount goals, technical requirements, complex roadmaps, partnering with various peer groups and hiring managers to effectively leverage process, programs, strategic sourcing and technology to drive improvement and efficiency.
- Push the limits of closing: You don’t stop until the job is done. You understand that attracting and closing candidates takes grit, resilience, and a magic secret sauce that you have developed over the course of your career.
- Demonstrate Extreme Candidate Empathy: You can relate to candidates in a way that others struggle to. You constantly wow others in your ability to get the job done. You’re consistently complimented on your exceptional storytelling ability to win candidates over.
- Exercise extreme ownership: You are an extreme do’er and love to execute. You have a sense of urgency that the world is ending tomorrow and executing is your top priority.
- Manage the requisition process from approval to on-boarding driving guiding hiring managers through the selection process.
- Partner with all levels of management, including the executive level, to identify staffing needs and to develop recruiting strategies to attract quality talent.
- Provide appropriate feedback throughout the interview and selection process to advise and influence hiring managers, ensuring an overall effective hire.
- Through proactive direct sourcing, advertising, networking and referrals, build a network of selected and targeted prospective candidates.
- Leverage online recruiting sources and in-house applicant tracking system to identify and recruit talent.
- Review resumes for appropriateness of skills, experience and knowledge in relation to position requirements.
- Prescreen candidates and present synopsis and recommendations to hiring managers.
- Manage applicant tracking system ensuring system is regularly updated including applicant status throughout the process.
- Support, develop and maintain a thorough understanding of LPL’s business model, culture, department needs and talent acquisition strategy.
- Identify and recommend solutions to address challenges and/or opportunities and to streamline and improve recruiting processes.
- Initiate and maintain excellent relations with the business and HR partners.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 3-5+ years of technical recruiting experience for all levels of an organization, from entry-level to Senior Director positions
- Good understanding of technology and technical skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit in a high volume, fast paced work environment
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, internet recruiting tools, and applicant tracking systems
- Experience serving as a consultative Talent partner to Senior Technology Leaders in an organization
- Demonstrated grit, consistency, and reliability in closing hard to fill technical roles.
- Personable and able to keep a positive attitude under stressful and shifting circumstances.
- Strong reputation for solving in the moment problems in a professional, friendly demeanor with a can- do attitude.
- Strong ability to identify and close high potential candidates.
- Networking ability to continuously generate a healthy and talented pipeline of candidates
- Experience owning the recruitment process from intake to onboarding and everything in between.
- Passion for technology and connecting people with exciting opportunities
- Ability to prioritize projects as needed, and flexibility to cope with rapid changes
- Strong orientation toward teamwork.
- Bachelors degree
- Workday Recruiting experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.