Technical Writer/ EditorApply Job ID: R-006149 Date posted: 05/16/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
LPL’s Digital Experience Team is currently looking to hire a versatile Technical Writer and Editor, with a history of successfully applying a consistent editorial style across a variety of communications. This person will leverage strong writing and grammar skills, an editor’s eye for accuracy, and a knack for making complex things simple – all while delivering digital content experiences that balance customer experience with business requirements.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Digital Content Strategy, this role is responsible for creating and optimizing digital content related to our Service Transformation initiative – a complex project to improve the way our financial advisors use our technology and consume our content. Examples of assignments include: interviewing subject matter experts to write step-by-step instructions for a new tool; auditing pages for accuracy and relevancy; and creating or optimizing pages to make it easier to find information.
The ideal candidate has the ability to take direction and work collaboratively with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts, creative and project leads, and content strategists to deliver world-class, user-centric experiences in the financial services industry. The position is based in Fort Mill, South Carolina (Charlotte Metro area) or San Diego, California.
- Apply UX and web writing best practices and editorial style guidelines to service-related content such as infographics, tutorials and other technical documents
- Work with digital and content teams to implement and apply a content style guide in support of our digital brand expression; evangelize best practices to drive engagement
- Collaborate across teams (corporate communication, marketing, product, etc.) to create or optimize content assets
- Stay on top of trends and share ideas with the team
- Handle multiple projects concurrently and prioritize requirements into short- and long-term plans
- Adapt to and succeed in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment, with the ability to be a thought leader
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of experience in a technical or UX writing role at a major financial services institution, large retailer, or other regulated industry required
- Strong writing and editing skills for B2B, digital environments and applications, marketing, UX/transactional writing and SEO writing
- Strong knowledge of user experience across devices, platforms and channels
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Workfront or other project management software, SharePoint, Adobe Experience Manager or other CMS
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.