Technology Platform ManagerApply Job ID: R-003980 Date posted: 08/09/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Platform Owner works within the agile process and is the final authority for decisions regarding priority, business value, and functionality for all the work done by the Agile development team. The Platform Owner possesses an in depth knowledge of goals and desired objectives of the project.
Liaison & Communication
- Ably represents, interface with and engage the business user.
- Acts as a fully integrated team member.
- Uses clear goals to communicate the project vision at the beginning of every release and sprint so that the team understands and is equipped to realize it.
- Makes business decisions and clearly communicates requirements through epics and stories so they are understood.
- Communicates status outside the team.
- Creates, maintains, prioritizes, and sequences the product backlog based on business value or ROI.
- Creates user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint.
- Prioritizes user stories by business value.
- Decides which user stories are scheduled into sprints.
- Provides rapid feedback.
- Participates in project planning, daily stand-up meetings (scrums), reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Reviews deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint, and has the authority to accept or reject.
- Develops and maintains standards for testing and progress visibility.
- Provides progress reporting.
- Assists as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assists with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs
- Is always accessible and participates proactively and constantly in the team activities.
- Steers the project to ensure delivery of business value.
- Is visible, vocal, and objective.
- 5-10 years Financial services experience
- A track record of innovative thinking and problem solving
- Platform management experience
- Platform management experience within and agile delivery framework
- Track record of delivering in Agile software development methodologies
- Passion for delivering the best client experience both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with all levels of staff and management across multiple partner teams
- Exemplary collaboration, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Superior skill and ability in multi-tasking and appropriate prioritization
Ability to effectively respond to dynamically changing work environment and to positively influence business outcomes
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.