Technology, Reporting and Corporate Supervision InternApply Job ID: R-008734 Date posted: 02/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Technology, Reporting and Corporate Supervision Intern within LPL’s Compliance, Legal & Risk Department
Interns will be integrated into the TRACS (Technology, Reporting and Corporate Supervision) team as key members to assist in the completion of all department deliverables. The TRACS team interacts with all areas of the company and offers a dynamic environment that will enhance multiple core skill sets. In addition, interns will be exposed to other areas of CLR to provide as broad an experience as possible.
What You'll Do
Our competitive 10- week paid graduate internship is an unparalleled opportunity to develop as a leader while sharpening your skills. The aim of our internship program is to provide students a valuable workplace experience to enhance their educational and professional goals. The projects that you drive during the summer will be tailored to your interests and will strategically affect change at our company. You will also have the chance to develop a deeper understanding of our culture and core values though career workshops, senior executive interactions, and community involvement opportunities.
We're looking for goal-oriented people who thrive in a fast-paced team environment and are eager to apply their problem solving skills to real business challenges. We empower employees to transform their skills, interests and connections into meaningful, collaborative solutions that work for the good of all of our stakeholders – our colleagues, customers and communities.
- Assist with data collection and trend identification to drive metrics across the entire Supervision landscape
- Use data analysis to help BRM develop a comprehensive metrics package to share with senior management and help drive the business
- Assist in the testing and delivery of the Supervisory controls needed to support the impending Reg BI rule
- Support the review and resolution of regulatory related matters through analysis and testing
- Review and update documentation related to department procedures
Other Duties/Skill Requirements
- College student who will have completed their sophomore or junior year in 2020
- Support firm wide and other department projects / initiatives as a CLR representative to provide guidance and interpretation of rules, regulations, risks, and best practices.
- Provide support in the creation and implementation of new controls and procedures.
- Assist with training and communication of the new policies and procedures to support these projects.
Fort Mill, SC
Internship Standard Length
Monday through Friday 8-4:30
Average Hours Per Week
Skills & Qualifications
- College student who will have completed their sophomore or junior year in 2020.
- We prefer students in the Business programs, but will also consider other academic programs.
- 3.0 Minimum Overall GPA Required
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with various levels throughout the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- All Microsoft applications, particularly WORD, PowerPoint and Excel
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.