Trading Consultant (Series 7 Req.)Apply Job ID: R-005144 Date posted: 11/28/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Enhanced Trading Support Desk provides system support and guidance to advisors regarding all aspects of the Enhanced Trading system (including model management, trading tools, reporting functionality and rebalancing functionality). The Enhanced Trading Consultants works in an inbound call center environment, taking 25-45 calls per day. The Enhanced Trading Consultant must have an in-depth understanding of the equity, option and mutual fund markets and appreciates the market impact and execution complexity of large trades. The consultant must possess strong technical and analytical skills in order to be able to consult advisors on the best way to leverage the system capabilities to obtain their desired result and to provide technical and testing support for system enhancements, potential system defects as well as stability incidents. In addition, strong customer service skills are required. The Enhanced Trading Support Desk collaborates with multiple internal departments including but not limited to, trading desks, training department and BTS business partners.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide exceptional customer service to Financial Advisors and their assistants, as it relates to functionality within the Enhanced Trading System. Assist advisor offices as they adopt new trading technology and incorporate rebalancing into their practices.
- Maintain strong knowledge about equity, option, ETF and mutual fund products, the markets, and strong understanding of market impact and execution complexities of large trades. In addition, must maintain strong knowledge of Enhanced Trading System capabilities and rebalancing methodologies.
- Possess expert level technical knowledge of the Enhanced Trading system capabilities and rebalancing methodologies to be able to provide initial investigation and reporting to BTS regarding potential system defects and issues. Provide support for needed system enhancements to continue development of the platform, Assist with prioritization and research to drive resolution of defects and enhancement requests and perform production validation once defect fixes are implemented.
- Support data reconciliation of open orders in Enhanced Trading System in comparison to other LPL trade data platforms.
- 3-5 years Financial Service experience; preferably in Trading and Rebalancing.
- Customer Service experience is required
- Series 7 and 63 is required, 24 is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Strong MS office Skills required; BETA experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a group
- Ability to work with other departments
- Ability to handle fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of trading regulations and requirements.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.