Transition Support PartnerApply Job ID: R-019752 Date posted: 11/24/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Transition Support Partner – Mergers & Acquisitions
Do you pride yourself on being a customer focused professional with exceptional communication skills? Are you someone who thrives in a client-facing role? Are you excited about the opportunity to train and educate advisors transitioning to LPL? Do you want to learn and grow at the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer? If so, the Transition Support Partner role could be for you!
As the Transition Support Partner (TSP), you will work directly with independent and institutional advisors that are transitioning their practice to LPL Financial through a merger or acquisition. As the subject matter expert on LPL’s core technology, operational processes and best practices, you will provide training and education specific to the advisor’s unique needs. Your top priority will be to ensure the advisor has a seamless transition from their prior broker dealer to LPL. If you want to learn and grow with us, this is the role for you. We have a robust career path where successful TSPs have the opportunity to promote into other roles within Business Development. The TSP role will give you exposure to LPLs processes quickly making you a competitive candidate for other internal opportunities.
What will you do as the Transition Support Partner?
- Facilitate in-depth training to independent and institutional advisors and their staff on all LPL core technology with the goal of providing specialized support in transitioning advisor’s practice over to LPL. The training focuses on three key elements: mirroring their book of business to LPL, understanding the transferring of assets process and maintaining accounts with the ultimate goal of growing the advisor’s business.
- Select delivery modalities that best serve audience segments and program objectives.
- Demonstrate effective communication, presentation and questioning skills applicable to various learning styles.
- Provide repapering support to aid new advisors in moving their book of business to LPL Financial. Develop a trusting partnership with the advisor and create a strategy for moving their entire book of business to LPL based on that advisor’s unique goals. This includes mirroring the advisor’s book of business to LPL through ClientWorks, collect and carefully review client data for account management accuracy, transfer assets and provide strategic arrangements.
- Be the subject matter expert and go-to person for the advisor throughout their transition.
- Forecast each advisor’s unique needs through active listening and do due diligence to ensure needs are being addressed quickly.
What are we looking for?
We want high-energy, quick learners who can deliver a world-class, transition experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced, client-facing environment, and are able to execute in a way that encourages strong collaboration and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences and/or education is required?
- 2+ years of experience in financial services and/or client-facing role is required
- 1+ years of training, business consulting, or practice management expertise in the investment services space preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field preferred
- Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66 preferred
- Proficient webinar host with outstanding presentation skills
- Strong listening skills with a focus on understanding each advisor’s unique needs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a strong ability to build trust and respect quickly in a client-facing role
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, leadership, field recruiting professionals and internal recruiters
- Well-versed in various lines of the business, wirehouse, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement plans preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time
- Adaptable, quick learners who are ready to jump in with minimal training
- Proactive, critical thinker with professional maturity who can self-manage
- Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Salesforce, MS Outlook, SmartSheet
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.