Vice President - Continuous ImprovementApply Job ID: R-012366 Date posted: 01/07/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
We are currently looking to hire a Vice President, Continuous Improvement within LPL’s Service Trading and Operations (STO) organization. As Vice President, you will be responsible for executing continuous improvement efforts and driving measurable increases in client experience. You will be expected to collaborate with Senior Executives within the STO team and the larger LPL organization to establish strategic priorities. Success in this role will be based on an individual’s ability to: synthesize and translate client experience data and insights into manageable, pragmatic continuous improvement initiatives; develop and execute the project plans to support the execution approach behind these initiatives; and help establish a common vision among the staff to optimize the holistic effectiveness of the team.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in leading a highly motivated team, with proven processes re-engineering and optimization, preferably in the financial services industry. The position is based in Fort Mill, SC.
- Synthesize client experience data and insights into tangible, pragmatic, and actionable initiatives
- Strong and demonstrated Strategic Problem Solving & Decision Making skills
- Leading and facilitating Kaizen like workshops and large group sessions.
- Train and coach Lean Six Sigma practitioners (Yellow Belts, Green Belts, and Black Belts) as they execute process improvement projects.
- Quickly identifies and solves problems within the scope of their teams. Knows when to escalate issues to move concerns forward and, when faced with ambiguity, step into the void to find solutions.
- Strong Talent Management skills by way of teaching and sharing knowledge as they build capability on their teams. Demonstrates strong managerial skills as well as coaching for career development.
- Strong leader/passion for managing people
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute
- Project management expert
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team without direct reporting lines, as well as willingness to jump in and support other teams or activities regardless of description
- Strategic mindset, with a pragmatic lens and a bias towards action
- Proven experience in process re-engineering and related tools (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma, Customer Journey Mapping, etc.)
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical skills
- Is motivated by the idea of building a new continuous improvement capability to the firm
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Certified Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma. Additional Change Management and Agile, SAFe certifications are highly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in project management related roles with a broker-dealer, RIA, investment or financial services firm (preferred)
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum Experience Required: 10+years
- 7+ years of experience applying process re-engineering tools and techniques in the financial services industry (preferred)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.