Vice President, IIS PMOApply Job ID: R-003559 Date posted: 06/19/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Investor and Investment Solutions (IIS) organization is expanding its project management team focused on the execution of LPL’s advisor and internal-facing investment products, platforms as well as technology tools and capabilities. The Vice President, Program Management role will be a member of the IIS business unit.
The role will be responsible for leading complex programs within IIS and should work with all levels of staff in the various business units within LPL Financial including Technology, Operations and Service, Trading, Finance, Compliance, Legal, Product and Platform.
The incumbent will be the primary person to lead interaction with our clients and serve as the lead coordinator for successful product development, program management and project implementation.
The successful candidate must be able to multi-task, have high energy, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, impeccable attention to detail, and a commitment to client satisfaction and success. The candidate must be comfortable in a fast paced environment with challenging deadlines and multiple priorities. This person will be expected to contribute information, ideas and recommendations to both tactical and strategic plans, defining customer-service standards, determining systems or operational improvements and implementing change.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Coordinate and manage large, cross-functional project teams under a broad program. Synthesize project meeting discussions. Develop and ensure adherence to templates and standards, including weekly status reports and meeting agendas, protocols and project plans.
- Establish and cultivate trust and confidence with internal project teams and clients. Be relentless to drive program execution to desired outcomes.
- Lead the planning and implementation of multiple projects. Develop full scale, integrated project plans. Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Manage project budget and timelines.
- Track project deliverables. Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders. Create and present reports defining project progress, risks/issues and solutions and communicate status to all levels of senior management on a regular basis.
- Ensure directed resources are effectively utilized, work according to project assumptions and forecasts, and deliver efficient, high quality work.
- BA or BS degree
- 10+ years of experience in product development or project management. Background in financial services a plus.
- Outstanding organizational, program and project management, communication, and the ability to present materials to the highest levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate effectively with cross-functional teams, frame complex issues and drive results independently.
- Proven ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in complex fast-paced environment to ensure quality of work product
- Willingness to travel 20% to meet with clients as well as meet with internal teams in our multiple offices
- Efficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Experience with ADKAR or AIM Change Management Methodology a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.