Vice President, Information Lifecycle ManagementApply Job ID: R-004429 Date posted: 10/17/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The VP of Information Lifecycle Management will be responsible for creating a firm wide program responsible for the birth-to-death management of data and records in compliance with SEC, FINRA, FICCA and other regulatory requirements. The individual will be responsible for working with individuals at staff to executive level in the various units within LPL Financial including, Technology, Operations, Compliance, Legal and Risk to complete the various functions noted below. This position requires a detailed knowledge of regulatory books and records requirements, excellent communication and writing skills, attention to details, some project management experience, and ability to persuade.
- Enhancing the knowledge and awareness of LPL employees and advisors regarding the capture, archival and retrieval requirements for regulatory books and records;
- Enhancing formal and informal technology capabilities to facilitate more effective regulatory record management and retention;
- Supporting corporate initiatives and changes that impact the firm’s management of regulatory records
Minimum Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum of 5 + years experience in the financial services industry in a compliance, legal, technology or risk capacity, focused on regulatory books and records;
- Working knowledge and understanding of the functions of electronic record, document, or image management systems, including their capabilities, risk management intent and issues such as metadata, security, privacy, and access;
- Firsthand experience in overseeing corporate compliance/risk management programs;
- Excellent understanding of industry best practices on regulatory books and records;
- Knowledge of brokerage and advisory systems; and
- Working knowledge of SEC., FINRA, NFA, CFTC, and MSRB rules especially Books and Records requirements.
- Series 7 required
- Series 24, and or Certified Records Manger or AIIM Records Management Skills preferred
- Advanced Microsoft (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint), Visio, Adobe Acrobat, SharePoint and Outlook preferred
Additional skills required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work responsibilities;
- Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problems;
- Ability to work under pressure/deadlines and manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management;
- Exceptional interpersonal and partnership skills and the ability to positively influence outcomes, particularly in difficult matters;
- Strong time management and organization skills; and
- Highly motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.