Vice President - Innovation & IntegrationApply Job ID: R-009413 Date posted: 05/05/2020 Primary Location TX-Austin Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA.
We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable advisors to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their practice and we support their business by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients. And Technology is at the center of our mission.
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Evaluating new technologies and building core technology capabilities is a key enabler to innovation. This role takes responsibility for proving out the viability of new technology approaches, both for specific innovation projects and also to create a more agile environment for others to experiment. Technology innovator leads are often fast-learning technology generalists who are able to spot and articulate the business value proposition for technologies. A successful candidate will work as effectively prototyping and demonstrating a new technology as they will delivering a business case to incorporate successful experiments into the enterprise
- Develop an understanding of LPL’s product roadmaps to understand how the vision within those domains is evolving to better align with the market
- Formulate emerging technology strategies that will set the foundation to solve complex business strategic goals.
- Communicate with cross-functional technology teams to instigate a “test, learn, iterate” approach to emerging technology adoption.
- Work with external service partners to identify, prototype and test new products and services, and incorporate their solutions into capabilities to accelerate innovation and market access
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the market at large to ensure the right technology solutions are being used to optimize use of available capabilities while allowing for flexibility to adopt the solutions of tomorrow.
- Define, research, experiment and champion an emerging technology agenda or roadmap.
- Capture and socialize effective innovation practices inside and outside the innovation team, including training on innovation best practices.
- Advanced Technical fluency, with the ability to comfortably discuss emerging technology concepts, and their applicability to the entire technology stack
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences regarding business impacts leveraging narrative and visual story telling
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly curious with demonstrated ability to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Flexible mindset with the ability to see opportunities from multiple angles to best understand how to apply available solutions
- Effective interpersonal skills and collaborative style
- Comfortable with ambiguity and time spent outside of comfort zone acquiring new skills
- Technically creative and open-minded
- Agile mindset
- We expect a successful candidate to bring deep experience within several of the below technologies, and conversant knowledge of the remainder.
- Machine Learning and/or Artificial Intelligence Solutions
- Digital Decisioning Platforms
- Software as a Service
- Predictive Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Block Chain
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Technology or Similar required, Masters or advanced certification a plus.
- 10+ years working within Technology organizations is required, 4+ years engagement within digital technologies desired
- Demonstrated problem solving and organizational skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing AI, Machine Learning, and/or Decision Management solutions required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Collaborative team player
- Prior Financial Services or Fintech experience strongly desired while knowledge of financial platforms (consumer or commercial) is absolutely required.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.