Vice President, Institution Relations Team ManagerApply Job ID: R-011214 Date posted: 09/21/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Vice President, Manager, Institution Relations Team, will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of the Institution Relations team within IS Business Consulting. This team is responsible for the retention, growth, and satisfaction of a specific client segment within the Institution Services channel. The VP, Manager will be responsible for strategizing on the support and solutions being provided to these clients along with identifying the unique objectives through marketing, consulting and relationship management services. The VP, Manager and team will be responsible for driving Net New Assets, Same Store Sales growth and minimizing the attrition rate within this segment through targeted retention efforts. They should possess both a drive for results and ability to mentor, coach and hold active accountability to the growth and retention goals.
The VP, Manager must be skilled and experienced at engaging in high-level strategic discussions with both institutions and the internal leadership team. Additionally, must understand, utilize, and stay current with industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, and the competitive landscape to optimize results.
- Set goals, monitor work, and evaluate results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization.
- Possess a strong understanding of the KPI’s and business metrics that will measure performance and progress of the team to achieve goals.
- Maintains oversight for institution engagement, growth and retention, and exemplary consulting support from the Institution Relations Team.
- Possess a deep understanding of institution clients, their business objectives, and impact on the organization.
- Examine trends and develop insights in order to better support this institution segment.
- Identify opportunities and create programs to increase client satisfaction and retention.
- Identify opportunities and create programs for driving optimal growth that correlates with department and firm wide goals.
- Manage attrition risk at both the institution and advisor level.
- Develop regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports.
- Attract, retain, coach and motivate staff.
- Lead the annual business plan development and budgeting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or related field; MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial services preferable in sales and/or client service/relationship management.
- Series 7 and 63 required.
- Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services.
- Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution.
- Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple and often competing stakeholder priorities.
- Ability to effectively consult to various areas of the business and provide solutions to achieve resolution to complex items.
- Strong oral and written communicator who is able to convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within the team.
- 30% travel anticipated.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.