Vice President, Institution Services Business ManagementApply Job ID: R-011205 Date posted: 09/17/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
VP Business Management:
We’re seeking an experienced professional in the areas of strategic business planning, sales and business management, project management and strategic data analytics, with the proven ability to tailor both written and verbal communications to various levels of the organization. The VP Business Management is a managerial role leading the Institution Services’ Business Management Team, which also includes individual work contributions to the business and team. This position reports to and supports the EVP, Institution Services, and the candidate will be heavily engaged in strategic initiatives, talent development and management, executing the department’s sales processes, metrics and reporting, as well as develop and maintain content in preparation for Board of Directors level and Management Committee level discussions and presentations. The VP role is highly visible within the company and the opportunity to work closely with executive leadership, carrying responsibility for ensuring the department is aligned to its operating plan. Lastly, this candidate will be a strong catalysis to increase the organization’s sales outcomes and to increase and enhance the department’s use of data to make informed decisions, and the role will evolve over time based on the department’s evolution and the organization needs.
This qualified professional has a strong bias towards leadership and action, critical thinking and collaboration. Exceptional organization skills are imperative. This is not an administrative role, rather a leadership position that is collaborative, strategic and operational requiring a successful candidate that will effectively operate at an executive level strategic thinking and detailed level operational planning and execution.
- Prepare strategic financial analysis of business trends, market analysis, to develop strategic insights of the IS business, with the goal of enhancing the overall strategic acumen and execution of the team in a fashion consistent with the firm’s expectations and standards
- Identify, design, and implement business management and content supporting infrastructure in order to comprehensively support, inform, and lead the business through its underlying complexities
- Drive business outcomes through identifying, developing and maintaining a regular cadence of KPIs and management reporting in support of the Institution Services strategic and operational priorities
- Leverage business management data and insights to oversee the strategy, development and execution of the team’s sales content development that is used within client consulting engagements and client conferences and events, including the training and equipping of the team for success in leveraging these materials for successful outcomes
- Oversee and provide effective project management reporting for Institution Services specific projects and initiatives
- Prepare strategic, as well as program-level presentations to executive management, including the Board of Directors and Management Committee
- Partner closely with Financial Planning & Analysis to develop and maintain business analysis and reporting to ensure business goals and strategic insights into the Institution Services business
- Manage budgetary compliance, collaborating with IS Regional and Business Leaders to develop and drive sales management and operational processes
- Facilitate and organize management processes such as recurring sales management huddles, leadership team strategic off-sites, recurring management and team meetings, etc.
Job Skill Requirements:
- Stellar written and oral communication skills, with the ability to grasp and translate complex and disparate ideas into cohesive and clear key messages delivered in a conversational tone
- Flourishes in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage competing priorities
- Strong strategic, operational, analytical, and reporting skills, with the ability to develop management materials as well as team communications
- Strong management and talent development experience to effectively enhance and grow the team’s overall contribution and talent
- Graceful under pressure, resilient, and flexible in the face of change
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to deliver quality work products quickly, when needed
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP certification a plus
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in financial services with preferred experience in the financial institution wealth management business, project management and/or metrics/reporting roles; Change management experience a plus
- People and team management experience
- Client facing experience in the financial industry (Advisor or Institution) a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.