Vice President, Product Risk ManagementApply Job ID: R-016126 Date posted: 07/20/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
In support of LPL’s strategic direction, risk appetite, principles and practices, the Product Risk Management (PRM) team serves to detect, evaluate, and mitigate product risk by controlling the entry of investment products into the LPL system. PRM supports vetting new products from a business and regulatory perspective, overseeing the development and delivery of these products, evaluating product controls using operational and sales practice metrics, while also conducting ongoing monitoring of approved products.
The Vice President of PRM is responsible for examining the strength of new and existing products and sponsors on the LPL platform, and providing thought leadership on the efficacy and adequacy of existing controls. This role will have product approval oversight, conduct risk assessments, and escalate emerging threats and trends. The position is also responsible for responding to market related events and regulatory inquiries, interacting with regulators, and continuously challenging and improving our policies, processes, and systems through collaboration with Wealth Management Solutions, the CARE organization, and other CLR partners.
The Vice President of PRM will work with senior leadership to develop and implement the department’s strategic direction, shape the governance framework, ensure the firm is meeting regulatory standards and evolve the team’s role as a consultative partner to business units and advisors. This position requires demonstrated deep investment product knowledge/experience and technical competencies, along with strong analytical, data management, project management, and oral/written communication skills.
- Act as the Product Risk representative on various governance committee(s) and subject matter expert for other LPL business units.
- Development and enhancement of the investment product governance framework, continually evaluating risk management and approval policies, practices and procedures and determining whether they meet new regulatory standards
- Provide analysis of assigned products types through review of new products and monitoring of industry trends, news, market conditions and regulatory changes.
- Identify changes and risks within new and existing products that may affect processes, procedures, develop reasonable solutions, and coordinate with affected business units.
- Present findings to management, various committees and other working groups in an effort to socialize analysis, develop recommendations, and build consensus.
- Manage and develop a high performing team responsible for the department’s daily work.
- Work independently on assigned projects to identify and mitigate product and reporting risks at a firm level.
- Develop relationships with senior leaders, colleagues and product sponsors to gather information, provide analysis and develop sound conclusions.
- Lead initiatives and proactively identify issues and process improvements within the department.
- Mentor other business units on tactical evaluations of process, policy and workflows.
- Provide backup to other team members with various projects, tasks or cross training needs.
- Develop and deliver training to internal business units, as necessary.
- Strong background in understanding complex investment products and due diligence processes.
- Ability to gather facts and communicate complex issues both written and verbally to senior management and other business units.
- Strong familiarity with facilitation of governance committees and maintenance of procedures
- Ability to proactively collaborate and provide service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management to influence product approval and policy decisions.
- Ability to manage and lead geographically dispersed teams effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment through effective planning and organization.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years with complex product and broker-dealer governance responsibilities with new product approval or other product risk management processes
- Innovative and strategic thinker with strong project management, analytical and communication skills
- CFA, CAIA, FTM, or advanced degree.
Nice to Have:
- Series 7, 24, 63, and 65 (or 66).
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.