VP Advanced Analytics
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you! LPL Financial
(Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
We are currently looking to hire a VP, Advanced Analytics within the Operations Strategy and Transformation department, which is a part of LPL’s CARE organization. This role requires data analytics and business management capabilities to support the firm and the head of Strategy and Transformation. The VP will be responsible with working with all levels of staff in the various divisions of LPL Financial. This position requires excellent data, communication and writing skills, and the ability to quickly develop a working knowledge of the CARE organization. The ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff including senior and executive management, as well as experience working within a wealth management environment; ideally with a finance or business management background is preferred.
- Set strategy for newly organized advanced analytics team supporting the business and CARE organization information Operations
- Create an advanced analytical center of excellence for LPL
- Set individual and team goals for performance and output capabilities
- Communicate a team vision supporting both LPL and CARE initiatives
- Partner with customers to accurately assess needs, recommending new products, services, or approaches to meet analytic requirements as needed.
- Analyze data for trends or patterns Identify issues that need to be addressed
- Determine what types of data are needed; collect new or missing information
- Communicate with all levels regarding overall analysis results
- Conduct research using analytical tools such as statistical software, predictive analysis software, visualization software, etc.
- Partner with other analytics teams to ensure business goals are met
- Develop strategies for improving customer service based on analytics
- Work closely with Customer Contact Analytics team and Mission Control to create recommendations for business actions based on trends or patterns
- Work closely with Technology to ensure required data is available, business tools are effectively used and up-to-date.
- Manage a governance process for business historical information and procedural changes in established analysis
- Create and implement a governance process around the development and maintenance of reports, databases, dashboards, etc.
- Act as liaison between Technology department and business data requirements
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Analysis, or equivalent work experience (5+ years)
- Statistical Analysis, Hypothesis Testing, Model Development and Exploratory Analysis (5+ years)
- Excellent analytics capabilities, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strategic vision to develop a team that supports data driven decisions
- Team player who can effectively balance multiple projects and other responsibilities
- Model servant leadership for the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- SQL, Python, R, Tableau (or other scripting language)
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.