VP, Advisor Flexibility Chief Of StaffApply Job ID: R-013030 Date posted: 02/18/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL is seeking a results driven and adaptable professional to support the Technology organization as a Vice President in a Chief of Staff capacity. This person will report directly to the EVP, CIO of Advisor Flexibility responsible for growth, managing a wide array of operational responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be flexible, collaborative and possess strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
The VP, Chief of Staff must be a creative problem solver who is able to bounce fluidly between minute details while staying attuned to the macro vision of the department. The VP, Chief of Staff’s primary responsibility will be overseeing day-to-day operations to allow the Division CIO responsible for growth and senior management to focus on strategic priorities.
As a strategist, consultant and implementer, the successful candidate will drive operational excellence within the organization.
- Act as an adviser to the CIO and their leadership team
- Manage the governance and production of the CIO’s executive-level dashboard, which includes key performance metrics that provide transparency into the effectiveness of the portfolio and strategic messaging aligned with corporate goals.
- Prepare executive level reports and presentations, including the Board of Directors, Management Committee and Executive Steering Committees.
- Prepare influential executive level presentations to facilitate fact-based business cases, recommendations, and program updates .
- Establish and maintain effective management and reporting routines that allow the CIO to focus on top priorities and strategy
- Assist the CIO in creating department goals and operationalizing the business plan
- Collaborate with technology teams and other partners to build the OKR dashboards and measure results
- Partner with Finance to develop the annual budget that supports the organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Partner with the PMO to manage and oversee the portfolio financials, status and key watchouts
- Manage workforce planning which includes talent calibration, location strategy, staffing ratios. Oversee all aspects of headcount and staffing matters
- Assist with the planning, preparation and facilitation of CIO management routines (e.g. Strategy Offsite, Staff meetings, Executive Leadership Team Meetings, Town Halls).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business; MBA Preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in financial services industry
- Consulting and/or operations expertise preferred
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills; a proven “closer”
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- A natural and confident leader
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong executive presence
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives concurrently in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Highly collaborative with experience in leading and influencing teams and individuals across lines of business, functional areas and different levels of an organization; Courage to hold peers and others not directly in the reporting line accountable
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to convey a compelling story through executive level presentations in Powerpoint
- Exhibits sense of urgency with commitment to timely execution
- A motivated self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who can work both autonomously and collaboratively
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.