VP, Advisor Growth StrategyApply Job ID: R-024178 Date posted: 07/06/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-Remote
Do you have experience in growth strategy, corporate strategy, or innovation and new ventures?
Do you enjoy designing and executing growth initiatives?
Are you interested in being part of a team that working to transform and do things differently?
If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
As the VP, Advisor Growth Strategy you will be a member of LPL’s Growth Solutions team focusing on accelerating organic growth across LPL. You will partner with leadership to identify, prioritize, and execute strategic projects that help advisors (1) grow their client base, (2) help them increase their share of wallet, (3) improve end-client and asset retention and (4) improve monetization of their services. To do so, you’ll define ad-hoc strategies using new offering development, improved customer experience & journeys, new technology tools, and more efficient sales & service operations among others. This role will report into the EVP, Advisor Growth Solutions and play an important role driving LPL’s organic growth agenda across the organization, working closely with LPL’s Innovation Lab to test and implement new and innovative ways to grow. Although you will start executing strategic project work independently, you will eventually build a supporting team to increase reach and scope of the team.
As the VP, Strategic Growth Projects (Same Store Sales) you will work on 2 main work streams: (1) Identify and prioritize new growth strategy initiatives, and (2) analyze, design and execute growth initiatives
- Identify Growth Strategy Priorities
- Gather, consolidate in a backlog and evaluate potential growth strategy initiatives, partnering with leadership and Growth Solutions teams.
- Evaluate impact on growth, investment needs and feasibility of the initiatives
- Contribute to strategic efforts that are separate from our growth agenda (e.g. distribution and go to market strategy)
- Design, implement and execute growth strategy initiatives
- Understand, quantify and prioritize the barriers and root causes that hinder organic growth
- Identify organic growth best practices across LPL, financial services industry (and beyond financial services) to use as inspiration/baseline.
- Take a data-driven approach to ideate and prioritize different options/solutions to execute prioritized growth strategies through 2-4 month long sprints.
- Design, run and track experiments/pilots/tests progress to validate effectiveness in a controlled environment and pivot/adjust operations as needed.
- Conduct primary research with advisors and end-clients (surveys, interviews, focus groups, user testing) to gather feedback on initiatives and strategy.
- Decide between in-house vs partnerships to enable growth initiative in full company-wide roll-out
- Build/coordinate/train teams to execute on initiatives and prepare teams to full roll-out operations
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Strategy, Engineering, or the Liberal Arts. MBA is a strong plus
- 2+ years post-MBA experience or 7+ years total experience
- 7+ years of experience in either corporate strategy or strategy consulting in areas that include: growth strategy, innovation and new ventures, operating model design
- Experience at a top-tier management consultancy and/or strategy team at a financial services company; additional tangential experience with sales teams a plus
- Strong relationship skills and experience influencing senior leaders
- Proven track record of taking a strategy from ideation to execution
- Strong management skills and ability to attract, develop, and retain talent
- Proficient use of MS Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data + insights and present in an actionable manner
- Superior presentation skills & ability to build a story narrative
- Able to take complex topics and make them easy to understand
- Experience of merging human-centered design with corporate strategy
- Deep knowledge of the advice industry, including customer trends, key players, differentiating capabilities, and profit drivers
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.