VP, Analytics and InsightsApply Job ID: R-019449 Date posted: 11/16/2021 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Are you strategic, analytical, detail-oriented, and agile-minded with an insightful understanding of how to drive consumer behaviors?
Are you ready to ignite growth in LPL’s thousands of financial advisors across the country through innovation and empowerment?
Do you have 5+ years of data and consumer insights experience, including the creation of data visualizations in Tableau, dashboards, and PowerPoint?
The Vice President, Analytics and Insights is responsible for leading the data-driven roadmap and strategic insights to drive business results within LPL Advisor Growth Solutions. Additionally, this role is to deliver a superior client experience driven by the voice of the advisor, using data and analytics to empower the organization to intelligently enhance the client experience. The ideal candidate has 8+ years of a proven track record as high potential talent demonstrating drive, ambition, business acumen, and emotional intelligence.
This leader is customer-centric and has a deep understanding of analytics and broad expertise in using strategic insights to shape and drive business strategy. This involves leading a team of ~3+ analytics professionals to achieve business outcomes in line with the strategic priorities of the organization. This leader should have the ability to set a vision and strategy and then mobilize the team to achieve that vision. The ideal candidate is adept at leading the team to execute on using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights, and be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The mission of the Analytics and Insights team is to leverage data to generate actionable strategic insights, help to design and drive strategy that ultimately unlocks value for the business. The role will also interact with stakeholders across different teams throughout LPL to improve the advisor experience. Seek collaborative opportunities, identifying occasions to enhance a project or initiative by working across teams. Identify business activities, advisor trends, and marketplace events that could impact the advisor experience. This role will also lead the analytics for advisor experience through using survey data, qualitative data and quantitative data to deliver insights to stake holders. Be the independent view that challenges business assumptions to ensure we are meeting the needs of our customers based on data driven, research results.
• Leadership: Ability to hire and develop great talent, build and support a high performing team culture. Drive the vision, strategy and long term roadmap. Organize the team, processes and technical capabilities to enable the vision.
• Insights: Leverage data to identify actionable insights that influence sales strategy and tactics to drive results.
• Strategy: Ability to align insights about sales performance and marketing effectiveness with strategy for growth.
• Analytics: Direct and shape the analytics, data science, and data reporting strategy, including the design and integration of segmentation, test and learn, and predictive modelling.
• Partnership: Collaborate with Finance, Product Management and IT and across the organization with business leaders, to align technology solutions, processes, and programs to enable a holistic view of advisors.
• Business Acumen: Understand the drivers of LPL’s business and how to align data-driven insights to impact results.
• Executive Communication: This role has significant interaction with the Executive Vice President and leadership teams. Excellent executive level verbal and written communications are a requirement.
• Innovation: Be an out front advocate and thought leader for new tools and technologies to drive data insights.
• Customer Experience: managing execution and analytics of survey data from customer experience qualitative research initiatives within the organization.
• Master’s degree in finance, business, economics, quantitative economics, data science or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
• Finance industry experience preferred, with focus on customer facing roles and organizations.
• Minimum of 6+ years in business leadership role
• Experience with Data Science and developing data driven roadmaps
• Analytical thinker
• Understand and drive business strategy through data
• Drive, ambition, courage
• Leadership agility
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.