VP, Beta Platform Product OwnerApply Job ID: R-023854 Date posted: 06/13/2022 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations TX-Austin , MA-Boston , KS-Overland Park ,AK-Remote
Are you passionate about serving clients, adding value, improving processes/systems, and developing marketing consultants to become true experts?
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs, and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
LPL Financial is seeking a Platform Product Owner for the Beta Product that will support identity and access management for the entire business. This role will be in the business and part of a team of Beta Product Owners who will support the evolution and maintenance of the Beta Platform. The VP, Beta Access Management reports directly to the SVP Head of Care Risk Management and Fraud. The SVP Head of Care (Service, Trading and Operations or “Care’) Risk Management and Fraud reports to the Principal Operations Officer (POO) and the Head of Operations for LPL Financial. The VP, Beta Access Management works very closely with the Business Unit senior leadership, the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team in technology as well as other key leaders across the firm. The role also requires the individual to train the team and leadership across the firm on access management, controls, and policies for the Beta platform consistent with a rapidly evolving regulatory environment.
- This leadership role will be the Product Owner for the Beta Platform in the Operations Organization who will own roles and entitlements in collaboration with the Identity and Access Management team in Technology
- Governance of a formal identity and access management program for the Beta platform to enhance the control environment
- Ensuring proper governance is in place to support that all access privileges are granted according to policy, and all users are properly authorized for the Beta platform
- In collaboration with the IAM team overseeing the execution, delivery, and support of services related to identity and access management for the Beta platform
- Governance to ensure cybersecurity, internal controls, risk management, and disaster recovery processes are properly defined, deployed, and tested for the Beta platform
- Designing KPI metrics and reporting to monitor compliance and effectiveness of the program
- Partner across Information Security, IT, and key stakeholders
- Effectively represent Care Risk management on enterprise-wide project teams, at management and Committee meetings, as well as to external parties and organizations
- Acquire, develop and motivate high-quality professional management and staff through effective recruiting, education and training, professional development, career counseling, and succession planning programs. Be a leader and a team player.
- Ensure ongoing governance and analysis of risks, vulnerabilities, and market trends to determine the potential impact on the organization’s risk profile for the Beta platform
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 8+ year’s professional experience in Product Management
- Experience with Beta systems is required especially in designing roles and entitlements
- Experience leading organizations through change and transformation, motivating teams to deliver and create a best in class experience for Advisors
- Strong knowledge of security frameworks and Identity and Access Management
- Solid understanding of security principles and data protection practices
- Experience working with third-party suppliers including overseeing contracts, and SLAs
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or relevant work experience
- Familiarity with IT security and risk management practices
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma and Agile concepts
- Must demonstrate an agile and flexible detail-oriented approach to work with a sense of urgency; adjusting approach as required as business needs evolve
- Outstanding communication and relationship management skills
- SEC broker-dealer experience or experience with large, diversified financial services firms is preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.