VP, Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-007665 Date posted: 10/04/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Vice President of Business Development strives to build a culture of high performing business development (BD) employees through enablement and effectiveness practices. Leading the sales enablement effort to ensure the business development team has the proper knowledge, tools, processes, and behaviors to maximize every sales opportunity. Brings together the people and resources necessary to provide content, training and coaching services to BD advisor-facing teams in a way that aligns with the customer journey.Adds perspective to the process though a deep knowledge of customers and their challenges, as well as data-based insights about the sales process. Additionally has involvement on many projects implemented within BD from conception to implementation, working closely with BD leadership and cross functional partners to improve department and firm performance through new initiatives.
- Works closely with the sales operations, business intelligence and analytics organizations to create a data driven, insight rich culture for the business unit that drives action and decision making.
- Works closely with salesforce automation team member(s) to ensure BD needs are properly communicated and considered to drive high level of tool adoption and usage.
- Leads a team of sales enablement professionals who will establish, track and monitor metrics with business development leaders to drive understanding of tools and programs that enable optimal performance of business development officers and business transition partners.
- Manages activities and initiatives that have commonality across all of BD that are inclusive of, but not exclusive of events, conferences, and in market meetings.
- Represents BD on many LPL company initiatives. Works cross-functionally with business consulting, D&I, capital, finance, marketing, STO, compliance, legal and others as needed. Determines business development role and engagement in execution of LPL initiatives.
- Plays a key role with other business development leaders to ensure consistent approaches both inside and outside BD on communications, tools development, training, sales force automation and others key areas of enablement. Lead all BD collaboration efforts to drive team performance.
- Prepares and maintains on-boarding program for all new and existing business development employees to ensure consistent knowledge and standards of care across our department.
- Builds and maintains business development sales assets, including playbooks, guides, advisor facing collateral and discussion checklists/manuals. Working with subject matter expert teams to ensure content is current, accurate and deep enough for employees to have meaningful discussions that add value in every interaction. This will include, but not be exclusive of, affiliation models, transition process, capability set, competitive landscape, pricing, and more.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, sales, marketing or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years sales enablement, sales effectiveness, or business management experience at a national company.
- Finance industry experience preferred, with focus on customer facing roles and organizations.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: excel, powerpoint required
- Client centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.