VP, Business MgmtApply Job ID: R-001956 Date posted: 01/02/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The VP, Business Management / Chief of Staff will work directly for the Managing Director and ensure the smooth running of the National Sales & Consulting (NSC) business unit. The person in this role will participate in, and support, the Managing Director for all strategic, operating model and business delivery, financial and support activities related to NSC. They must provide exceptional leadership and effective management in all areas of administration, staffing and personnel, internal and external communications, strategic projects and financial management.
The VP, Business Management must exhibit the skills to collaborate with and achieve actionable results through others, both within the NSC team as well as across other departments. They must build strong and sustainable relationships and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Provide support for the Managing Director and the NSC leadership team including managing team meetings, operational reviews and other events
- Ensure preparation for key BU events such as CEO reviews / forums / BOD presentations / MC presentations, etc. – support in developing content, ensuring schedules are met, serving as first line of review, etc.
- Orchestration of schedules, process, deadlines for corporate processes / programs (e.g., Human Capital programs, Compliance / Risk Management training, etc.) Oversee the internal communications strategy, and disseminate information and communicate ideas on behalf of the Managing Director
- Drive on-going operational processes on behalf of the NSC BU and the broader organization
- Advise on organizational design, financial strategies and strategic initiatives
- Serve as an advisor, coach and/or sounding board for the Managing Director
- Support and drive ad-hoc special projects / analyses on behalf of the Managing Director and NSC leadership team and the broader LPL organization
- Track and steward open actions for the Managing Director and NSC leadership team
- Management / oversight of the NSC budget
- Build relationships with and influence Executive Management across LPL
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business; Master’s preferred
- 10+ years’ experience including leadership roles in business and/or administration
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong creative thinking and analytical skills
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, development of actionable recommendations and implantation of those recommendations
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written – and a strong executive presence
- Highly collaborative with experience in leading and influencing teams and individuals across lines of business, functional areas and different levels of an organization
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Grace under pressure, comfort with ambiguity and a sense of humor
- Strong team work, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Prior line operating management experience a strong plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.