VP Capital Markets, TreasuryApply Job ID: R-002699 Date posted: 04/09/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our Treasury team as the Vice President of Capital Markets. As the leader of the Capital Markets team you will direct the efforts of a team of analysts, and you will report to the SVP Assistant Treasurer. As a trusted business partner, you will lead deep and thoughtful analysis and present your findings and recommendations to help our management team make informed decisions. The ideal candidate for this role has a combination of demonstrated leadership ability, strong business acumen, high attention to detail, and experience in, and knowledge of, capital markets to support the company’s capital planning and related decision making.
The position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to: continually assessing and recommending adjustments to the firm’s capital structure, managing capital deployment activities such as dividends and share repurchases, managing all aspects of corporate debt, assisting with bank relationship management, assisting with rating agency interactions, ensuring compliance with and reporting on debt covenants, partnering with Investor Relations and FP&A to facilitate quarterly external reporting processes, ensuring adherence to internal controls, managing the cash flow forecasting process, leading internal cross functional committees and special projects, and preparing and delivering Board level communications on all of these items.
This position requires strong leadership, organizational, analytical, communication, technical and corporate finance skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. A thorough understanding of capital structure and corporate finance principles as well as advanced financial modeling concepts are required. Candidates must possess the ability to communicate effectively with business partners and all levels of management. The ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical.
- Lead the decision making processes related to capital structure and capital management
- Providing analysis that supports the development of financial recommendations and/or resolution of key strategic issues, including;
- Capital Structure
- Capital Allocation
- Producing compelling, visually effective presentation material using the MS Office product suite, particularly via the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Presenting recommendations and communicating thoughts and perspectives to senior management
- Leading the design and execution of research efforts and analysis to support business initiatives
- Produce valuation and other analysis to help determine optimal capital management strategies
- Working collaboratively while building effective business partnerships and relationships with senior leaders and their support teams across the firm
- Overseeing all debt administration and debt compliance related activities and reports
- Monitoring and maintaining the share purchase program to ensure timely payments, delivery of DWAC instructions and reporting to senior management
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Performing macro research as needed
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain sophisticated financial models
- Ability to think objectively and interpret meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, and development of actionable recommendations
- A strong ability to convey complex information in a consumable manner tailored to the sophistication level of the intended audience
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively to produce high quality deliverables in a timely manner
- A team driven focus
- Exceptional financial modeling skills
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and prior corporate finance experience required, preferably including experience with debt capital markets in underwriting or issuance
- 7-10 years of experience in a corporate finance role required
- 3+ years of management experience preferred
- Prior experience presenting to senior management preferred
- Financial Services industry or risk management experience, MBA, CPA, CFA, CTP a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.