VP, Clearing Services Relationship ManagerApply Job ID: R-006372 Date posted: 04/04/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
Position Summary:The RelationshipManager (RM)will be responsiblefordriving the strategy and tactics to support our clearing client and working to align LPL’s capabilities with the needs of the strategy and the client. The RM willserve as the clientsadvocate within the LPL organization and will overseetheClearingGovernancestructure. Key interfaceswiththeClientwill include the executive retailmanagement team along with key contacts in operations,compliance,technology, projectmanagement and legal.At LPL, relationships with staff dedicated to the client and additional support resources across the organization will be critical to the success of this position. Key deliverables include serving as the senior LPL point person with our Clearing customer, escalation management, problem resolution, strategicaccountplanning,contractmanagement andmetricsreporting as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Developmentanddelivery of account managementplans – 50%
- Service delivery goals and reporting
- Issue resolution lists
- Active projectsstatusreporting
- Requirementsanalysis,goalsand plans forCustomerdeliveredtraining plans
- Requirementsanalysis,goalsand plans forCustomerdeliveredadvisoryconsultingservices
- Newproduct and newproductdevelopmentrequirements
- Informationsharingandcommunication of Clearing clientandLPLorganizational changes and corporategoals
- Monthlyteam reviews of the plans
- Negotiationswith any escalationactivities
Coordination and leadership of Clearing partners and support resources – 20%
Participate in and/or lead key strategic projects within Clearing business unit and LPL – 15%Pricing and profitability reporting, maintenance and adherence to the negotiated contract and agreements – 15%
Represent LPL at key Clearing Client national and regional eventsFacilitate regular on site client visits as neededPartner with internal LPL stakeholders to maintain support and drive outcomes for the client
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Education: MBA preferred not required
- Required Years of Experience: 5+
- Licenses/Certifications: Series 7
- Software/Systems Skills: MS Office Suite
The successful candidatemust possess:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Superb organizational skills
- Outstanding relationship building skills
- Comfortable communicating with the most senior levels of management
- Be a self- starter that is able to work independently
- Have a proven track record in successful presentations and task management
- Develop sustainable personal relationships
- Develop the marketing and positioning messages to manage Client’s expectations and perceptions of LPL
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
Soft Skills Required:
- Articulate, confident, driven professional with the ability to work with like-minded professionals in a results-oriented, fast paced growing environment
- History of Business to Business relationship management success
- Highest ethical standards with an innate ability to build trust
- Leadership skills
- A solid, broad-based industry understanding of broker/dealer operations and Investment Advisory Platforms.
- Highly polished, professional presentation skills
- Strong work ethic while comfortable being a role model for others
- 30% travel anticipated
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.